The Student Room Group

SFE Maintenance loan amount different to my sibling

I'm a year 13 student attending university in September for first year and this is my first time applying to SFE. My older sister is going into third year in September and has applied to SFE before. We both applied for the tuition and higher maintenance loan. We submitted the exact same details for the higher maintenance loan and then SFE got back to us, but gave my sister a much higher amount than me. Can someone provide advice on what I should do so I get the same loan amount as my sister? FYI we both live in the same household and have submitted the same information, such as household income, etc. Is there a number I can call/ someone I can email to get this sorted? I have tried calling SFE customer services but can't seem to get hold of an agent and keep being redirected to the government website.
We submitted the details around the 10th July and got our letters about our amounts on two separate dates (17th and 24th July). I have previously read to wait a couple of weeks because they may send another letter confirming a new amount similar to my sister's but we haven't received any new amount/ information.
Thanks
Original post by safyyk786
I'm a year 13 student attending university in September for first year and this is my first time applying to SFE. My older sister is going into third year in September and has applied to SFE before. We both applied for the tuition and higher maintenance loan. We submitted the exact same details for the higher maintenance loan and then SFE got back to us, but gave my sister a much higher amount than me. Can someone provide advice on what I should do so I get the same loan amount as my sister? FYI we both live in the same household and have submitted the same information, such as household income, etc. Is there a number I can call/ someone I can email to get this sorted? I have tried calling SFE customer services but can't seem to get hold of an agent and keep being redirected to the government website.
We submitted the details around the 10th July and got our letters about our amounts on two separate dates (17th and 24th July). I have previously read to wait a couple of weeks because they may send another letter confirming a new amount similar to my sister's but we haven't received any new amount/ information.
Thanks

Hi there,

If you contact us we can check what you have been assessed for. You can use the live chat option online in your account to contact us, or call us on 0300 100 0607 and press option 1 and 1 again.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi, we have just tried calling and those options are for resetting the password and it just tells us to go back to the SFE website online. Is there anybody from SFE we can talk to?
Reply 3
Hi, we have also been trying the live chat for the past couple hours and the chatbot keeps saying there are no available agents and keep ending the live chat?!

Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you contact us we can check what you have been assessed for. You can use the live chat option online in your account to contact us, or call us on 0300 100 0607 and press option 1 and 1 again.

Thanks,
Claire
Hi, we have also been trying the live chat for the past couple hours and the chatbot keeps saying there are no available agents and keep ending the live chat?!

The options have worked just now when I have went through. We're open till 8pm so you could try later. If you hold the line you don't need your customer login details.

Live chat will only show available when an adviser is available Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Hi, what options are they giving you because when I press 1 and 1 again, it's about resetting my password?
Also, why do the live chats not have available agents, as I've been trying all day?
Is there a direct number I can use to actually speak to an SFE agent because the phone number isn't working?
Hi, what options are they giving you because when I press 1 and 1 again, it's about resetting my password?
Also, why do the live chats not have available agents, as I've been trying all day?
Is there a direct number I can use to actually speak to an SFE agent because the phone number isn't working?

Hi there, If you select option 1 and then option 2, do not input your customer reference number and you will be transferred to another advisor. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending