The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

winchester uni for primary education

Ive just been sent an email from the university of winchester from which i have applied, saying that I need to send them a short essay on primary education ? i dont know if it is legitimate, just wondering if someone could tell me it is. Also dont wanna seem stupid as my tutor doesnt know either, just think its strange that they would ask for basically another personal statement? the email is as follows:

Many thanks for your application to the BEd (Hons) Primary Education course here at the University of Winchester. Following your application to us, we have noticed that your Personal Statement outlines a lot of different experience gained from various different sources. Please could you produce a brief word document with the following:

- All school-based work experience gained at a state-run UK primary school
- The number of days gained working at schools
- The different ages of children worked with at schools
- Any reflections you have from working with children in an educational setting
- Why you think this experience shows that you would be a good teacher

Please note, all work placements/experience gained as part of Year 10 or 13 ‘Work Experience’ is not accepted. Work experience in a nursery group or nursery is not accepted because these classes do not follow the same school curriculum as Years Reception-6. Therefore, we only accept work experience gained in classrooms from Years R to 6.
Reply 1
I got the exact same email- going to write my document now. Have you written yours?
Another person in my class also received this email and she replied with her document and now she’s got an interview
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending