The Student Room Group

AQA 9-1 gcse biology mock paper

Did anyone else have the biology paper that started with glucose being c6h12o6?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’ve got that mock tomorrow I think, how did you guys find it and what were the questions like? Higher or Foundation?
Not going to lie I found it really hard, I did higher and literally half of the paper was maths and the other half was really complicated questions where u had to show your understanding rather than give straight facts!
Original post by Nobody—-
Yes I had that mock! How did you find it?

I have my chemistry tomorrow! Have you done it? Any tips?
Reply 4
I had this mock too! Generally I found chemistry and physics quite difficult 😬? What about you guys
Reply 5
What topics were on the three papers?
How did they compare to the year 10 mocks?
im sooo scared for chemistry because i did really bad in biology!
Original post by sxhxl
I have my chemistry tomorrow! Have you done it? Any tips?

I have chemistry tommorow aswell so I’m just trying to revise C3
Original post by Teco12
I had this mock too! Generally I found chemistry and physics quite difficult 😬? What about you guys

I found biology quite hard what sort of topics were covered in chemistry?
im revising chemistry and literally none of stays in my head:facepalm:
Yeah, I actually aced that test! A lot of 6 mark questions tho.. lol. There was one difficult question tho, something to do with stomata (won't be going into too much detail, sorry cheaters)
Original post by CapitalistAlgan
Yeah, I actually aced that test! A lot of 6 mark questions tho.. lol. There was one difficult question tho, something to do with stomata (won't be going into too much detail, sorry cheaters)

yeah i flopped it. The stomata one was why does it open when there's too many ions or something like that :wink: If you've done the chemistry test please feel free to help my cheater self out
It's paper 1, so it's topics 1-4 on the CGP guide
Original post by CapitalistAlgan
It's paper 1, so it's topics 1-4 on the CGP guide

hey ive done the biology paper was there a question on how plants and animals defend themselves or was it different wording im just using my cgp book to write a model answer can u remember?
Are the mock papers official papers set by the exam board?
yeah
Original post by sxhxl
wowww im acc so scared for this chemistry mock!

I feel like I haven’t revised enough even though I have. If anyone knows any topics that come up it would really help 😰
Original post by Nobody—-
I feel like I haven’t revised enough even though I have. If anyone knows any topics that come up it would really help 😰

C3 is killing me! I dont understand any of it
yeah we got them back last friday I only got like 57/100 oops
Original post by sxhxl
Did anyone else have the biology paper that started with glucose being c6h12o6?

I had that paper today and have been looking everywhere and i cant find it online

Quick Reply

Latest