The Student Room Group

How to prep for uni rejection

Ive got my hopes set on getting into oxford ,and as much as I know that its good to be optimistic, I know that I should prepare for disappointment considering everyone interviewed is a great candidate. What can I do to stop myself from feeling cocky/ too assured in getting an offer
Reply 1
Just find a university and a course that you'll still be very happy to get into as a backup. Something like UCL, Durham, Warwick etc.
Visit the university, and see if it a place that you would like to spend the next 3-4 years of your life there.
Original post by Epitype
Just find a university and a course that you'll still be very happy to get into as a backup. Something like UCL, Durham, Warwick etc.
Visit the university, and see if it a place that you would like to spend the next 3-4 years of your life there.

will do doc! :smile:!
Original post by Epitype

Well obviously dependant on course. Those unis are amazing for certain subjects but quite weak for certain ones. OP, what subject?
Reply 4
Buy a bottle of booze for the commiseration/celebration [delete as applicable]
Have you considered the University of Plymouth?
Original post by Appleorpear
Well obviously dependant on course. Those unis are amazing for certain subjects but quite weak for certain ones. OP, what subject?

fine art if not oxford, I was hoping to get into UCL for the slade school of art tho admittedly its not one I feel super passionate about
If you don't get an offer from Oxford then just go to one of the other top unis like Durham, Warwick, Imperial, etc where a lot of other people who didn't quite end up getting into oxbridge go. There are some great unis below oxbridge and they'll set you up in just as good of a position.
Euthanasia is my option
Original post by PhilandTheo
Euthanasia is my option

Dude I've seen your posts in other threads and man... Knock that mentality off, if you do get in, putting so much pressure into yourself may very well be extremely detrimental to your mental health. Oxford is just a university,
Talk to someone about your feelings, learn to appreciate your other uni choices and take care. It's dangerous to have a do or die view on something like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending