The Student Room Group

Revision with videos

I find watching videos really useful to revise (for science anyway) and I usually just watch the video and make it notes but I feel like it's just not enough. What else am I supposed to do other than do past papers as well?
I find flashcards time consuming and at the moment i'm doing last minute revision for my mocks this week.
For my science GCSEs I'd watch videos from this guy called "Freesciencelessons" (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbOeHaAUXw9Il7sBVG3_bw) and all I did was make notes while watching his videos and I'd make sure to learn any important things off my heart such as stages of a certain test. Then I'd do a hecking ton of past papers and I'd write down where I went wrong in each paper in a spreadsheet, so that over a few weeks, I'd be able to see where I was going wrong and could then use the notes from videos to correct that.
I hope this helps.
Original post by AxSirlotl
For my science GCSEs I'd watch videos from this guy called "Freesciencelessons" (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbOeHaAUXw9Il7sBVG3_bw) and all I did was make notes while watching his videos and I'd make sure to learn any important things off my heart such as stages of a certain test. Then I'd do a hecking ton of past papers and I'd write down where I went wrong in each paper in a spreadsheet, so that over a few weeks, I'd be able to see where I was going wrong and could then use the notes from videos to correct that.
I hope this helps.

Yes I watch it him too! All I do is make notes and after I finish the topic for eg all the topics for paper 1, I complete paper 1. Wdym with stages of a certain test? Thank you that's so useful :smile:
Original post by itslitbro
Yes I watch it him too! All I do is make notes and after I finish the topic for eg all the topics for paper 1, I complete paper 1. Wdym with stages of a certain test? Thank you that's so useful :smile:

For example stages of testing for Carbon dioxide. That's the video that I watched just now when I was getting the link to his channel. I'd make sure I knew the steps to that experiment/test thing.
Np.

Quick Reply

Latest