The Student Room Group

Capital letter mistake in personal statement

I have checked my personal statement over 100 times. I have had my personal statement checked by 2 different teachers and supposedly checked by other staff in career.

I have applied for Economics at UoN, UoB and Loughborough (got unconditionals back from NTU and DMU)

Today I have noticed that I have wrote Bank of England twice in my PS and the second time I wrote it, I put “bank of England” instead of “Bank of England”

How will this effect my chance of getting into a top uni, especially UoN as I really want to go there and it’s very competitive.
Doesn't matter tbh
I don't see any university caring about that
Reply 3
If you read it that many times and didn't spot it, I doubt they will.

Could be worse - I once read a Personal Statement that had "[INSERT]" where the name of the course should have been...
Reply 4
I find it really obvious when I read it now, hopefully they don’t see it haha, I already feel that my application isn’t that strong but if they see that it will just make it even worse
Original post by kumar -
I find it really obvious when I read it now, hopefully they don’t see it haha, I already feel that my application isn’t that strong but if they see that it will just make it even worse

Really don't worry about it! You find it obvious, because you just noticed it. A university will not notice it, and if they do, they won't care :smile: Good luck with your application!
Reply 6
Thanks mate
You have a hard time forcing academics to read and analyse summative work from their paid-up students. I doubt they are perusing your PS looking for minor capitalisation errors.

It is a sad tale, but they really don't give a ****.
Reply 8
worrying about ititiesto the univers
Original post by kumar -
I have checked my personal statement over 100 times. I have had my personal statement checked by 2 different teachers and supposedly checked by other staff in career.

I have applied for Economics at UoN, UoB and Loughborough (got unconditionals back from NTU and DMU)

Today I have noticed that I have wrote Bank of England twice in my PS and the second time I wrote it, I put “bank of England” instead of “Bank of England”

How will this effect my chance of getting into a top uni, especially UoN as I really want to go there and it’s very competitive.

If you had that many people read it and not notice/care and you didn't for that long, the university won't.
TBH its not even an issue really
It won't matter even slightly to the universities. Don't bother worrying about it
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending