The Student Room Group

Dents and scratch repair

Hello just would like to ask your advise. I was reversing to park and hit the right side of the car parked next to me. How would i know if the scartches was caused by myself as my car looks fine with just very minimal scratch and howuch will it cost to repair
Original post by Anonymous
Hello just would like to ask your advise. I was reversing to park and hit the right side of the car parked next to me. How would i know if the scartches was caused by myself as my car looks fine with just very minimal scratch and howuch will it cost to repair

Just own up and pay.
Original post by Huw M Thomas
Just own up and pay.

^This. You hit it. If I overjudged my park and kissed the car in front at 1mph; causing their paint to slightly scuff against my grill; regardless of the fact there'd probably be no noticeable damage to my car, I still hit it. I wouldn't be questioning "was that there before?" at that point; because if you have to ask - the answer is no. If you ask the owner; their answer will 99.9% of the time also be a no even if it was. Pay up and be more careful.
Original post by nevershear
^This. You hit it. If I overjudged my park and kissed the car in front at 1mph; causing their paint to slightly scuff against my grill; regardless of the fact there'd probably be no noticeable damage to my car, I still hit it. I wouldn't be questioning "was that there before?" at that point; because if you have to ask - the answer is no. If you ask the owner; their answer will 99.9% of the time also be a no even if it was. Pay up and be more careful.

If we ever bump into each other. I imagine it would be a hassle free pleasure.
Original post by Huw M Thomas
If we ever bump into each other. I imagine it would be a hassle free pleasure.

I'd say "I'll keep my information ready in the glove box" but you'll probably forget all about this little exchange and scream "crash for cash!" when I come charging at you with a bit of paper with my pre-written info :tongue:
Original post by nevershear
I'd say "I'll keep my information ready in the glove box" but you'll probably forget all about this little exchange and scream "crash for cash!" when I come charging at you with a bit of paper with my pre-written info :tongue:

I practice instant forgiveness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending