The Student Room Group

still stuck on my personal statement

any advice??
Write words
Reply 2
yea been doing that, it's just doesn't seem good enough :frown:
Original post by Slim045
yea been doing that, it's just doesn't seem good enough :frown:

I mean if you want help with your PS might be a good shout to tell us where you're applying, what you want to study etc. Cant help you if I don't know anything about you. It is "Personal" after all
Original post by Slim045
any advice??

Have a look through our resources below. Please do not send your PS to anyone you don't know or post it in the public forums.
Reply 5
thanks, I'm gonna study radiography, coming from an access background, my choices are gonna be Canterbury Christ church university, university of Hertfordshire, Bangor, university of Suffolk and Keele.
Reply 6
Hertfordshire is my first choice.
Original post by Slim045
Hertfordshire is my first choice.

Hi @Slim045

It's great that Herts is your first choice! Have you had a look at the personal statement advice on UCAS?

I've spoken to the admissions tutor for Radiography who stressed the importance of highlighting your interest in Radiography and your extra curricular activities that link with caring such as volunteer work etc. If you've had work experience in an x-ray department that should also be included or perhaps when you plan to undertake this.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck!

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 8
Try making a list of things you want to include, and then order them how you'd like to include them. It might end up differently but it's a good way to start.
Check out this link for help on how to write a personal statement: https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/how-write-personal-statement-0
Reply 10
Same im stuck too ): like i know how to structure it but i just cant think of an interesting opening. Ugh
Original post by anonxo
Same im stuck too ): like i know how to structure it but i just cant think of an interesting opening. Ugh

What course are you applying for?
Reply 12
Original post by futurechildnurse
What course are you applying for?

Law and Criminology. (:
Look at what subjects you are studying for A Level, and then write a little bit about how they relate to the course you want to do. Also write down a list of anything you have done in school/outside of school that links to the subject, e.g. any lectures you may have been to?
Original post by anonxo
Law and Criminology. (:

All I can think is the reason why you wanna do the course 😊
right key words linked to the subject you want to do, also some wise words don't look or copy from Google automatically reject you for that
Reply 16
my apologies for the late reply. it's been very busy on my end here. I have completed my ps and have been invited to interviews
Reply 17
Thankyou due all your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending