The Student Room Group

2024 ucas!!!

I wanna submit my application ASAP, it opens on 5th September. personal statement etc done, did it all summer. My school is garbage and will probably take forever to approve, so how do I get it sent off quickly? I've just started my EPQ and I don't know if it needs to be on there? When do most people send applications to unis like LSE/KCL??
Reply 1
Although UCAS opens on 5/9, your application still has to go through your school for them to add your school reference and predicted grades and they may sit on this for weeks - and Unis do not start looking at applications on 5/9, they are still busy sorting our the stragglers from the 2023 cycle.

You are no more likely to get an offer if you apply early - or even to get an earlier offer.
Its not uncommon for those who apply in Sept to be still waiting for decisions in March/April.

So - wait a bit. Do not rush this process. Make sure at least one teacher etc at school has read your PS - and that you have had time to visit some of the Unis. Think carefully about the reality of your 5 choices and be honest with yourself about the grades you are likely to actually get next August.

Once your application has gone to UCAS, you have 14 days to make any changes. After that you are stuck with those choices - too many people then panic and realise that they made the wrong Uni choices or have had second thoughts about their intended degree subject. And they cannot do anything about it. Don't be one of them.
Reply 2
And yes, you need to add your EPQ to your pending qualifications.
Many Unis - like Bath - will make you an alternative lower grade A level offer plus an A grade in EPQ.
Original post by Sop 27
I wanna submit my application ASAP, it opens on 5th September. personal statement etc done, did it all summer. My school is garbage and will probably take forever to approve, so how do I get it sent off quickly? I've just started my EPQ and I don't know if it needs to be on there? When do most people send applications to unis like LSE/KCL??

Your school is your centre. Once you submit your application, your school than reviews your personal statement, add predicted grades, add subject references. Since you applied through a centre, this is the only way.
The earlier the better, as some universities start looking at your applications when they receive it.
Sending it by October is a good time
Since your started your epq, is there any reflection on it, from what you learnt to the challenges, that shows your dedication to the course?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
And yes, you need to add your EPQ to your pending qualifications.
Many Unis - like Bath - will make you an alternative lower grade A level offer plus an A grade in EPQ.

Thank you!!
I was like why does my school wait until October? And I will literally beg for an offer in the mean time
McGinger is right on the money. Applying so early offers no advantage while opening the door for regret later down the line. Make absolutely sure you're happy with your application, double, triple and quadruple check it and send it off early if you wish, just not September early. Your school will take their time checking your application to make sure everything is in order so while annoying, it's actually a good thing and you'll be grateful should they spot a mistake! Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Scotland Yard
McGinger is right on the money. Applying so early offers no advantage while opening the door for regret later down the line. Make absolutely sure you're happy with your application, double, triple and quadruple check it and send it off early if you wish, just not September early. Your school will take their time checking your application to make sure everything is in order so while annoying, it's actually a good thing and you'll be grateful should they spot a mistake! Good luck :smile:

Thank you!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending