The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sam_C_
I don't want to spark an argument but want to disagree, sorry :smile: I bought snaprevise for Biology (OCR) and Chemistry (Edexcel) in September (I'm in year 12) and have found it incredibly useful. I have achieved my target grades (A's) in nearly all of my end of unit tests. The videos match my learning style perfectly and were all updated recently and are much better in my opinion. They do provide videos full of exam questions (Ok, there still isn't a massive amount) and there is enough for me at the moment to supplement the questions in the textbook and other information from the textbook. They are admittedly overpriced (I agree with that) but I gave it a go and am glad that I personally found it worth the money. I also went to the very expensive lectures for Chemistry and Biology over the Christmas holidays which I found fantastic.

Overall, I have found no other resources and personally really like Snaprevise and am pleased with my purchase so far but I am very happy to accept that maybe other people don't like it as much (and your reasons are fair enough) but it seemed good enough to me. Hope your A-levels go well and that you can find a resource that suits you :smile:

exactly
Original post by Appazap
Honestly the videos are not that good for their cost, they can potentially get you at least a C. For those looking for higher grades, a lot free resources are better.

If anybody has any questions about it, I'd be happy to answer. I had ocr chemistry, biology and geography

what revision resources do you use i am aware of revision world, ocr and physics and maths tutor i am doing the NEW spec
1. i am not looking for the higher grades i am looking for C-A (NOT A* i really want a B though for all of my exams)
2. i literally found nothing on YouTube for a-level videos that were not 4 years old. for GCSE there were lots of YouTube channel videos geared towards my exam boards for my subjects: BBC, Primrose Kitten, Free Science lessons, Physics Online, revision monkey etc. We (I) was spoiled with video resources (for GCSE 2019 NOT A-level) now i am not, so i use SnapRevise couldn't ask for more no waffle straight to the point (which is what i like) engaging fun videos a bit like GCSEPOD but unfortunately they don't have A-level website that i am aware of.
3. i know it is a little expensive but still far better than getting a private tutor for the same price only for 1 lesson (1hr) plus you can find most of there videos on YouTube too and people (teachers) need to stop assuming that everyone is aiming for A's in their exams i certainly won't if i means i have to deal with the pressure and ongoing stress because "it's what the government, schools and universities want"
Reply 22
Original post by 1st superstar
what revision resources do you use i am aware of revision world, ocr and physics and maths tutor i am doing the NEW spec
1. i am not looking for the higher grades i am looking for C-A (NOT A* i really want a B though for all of my exams)
2. i literally found nothing on YouTube for a-level videos that were not 4 years old. for GCSE there were lots of YouTube channel videos geared towards my exam boards for my subjects: BBC, Primrose Kitten, Free Science lessons, Physics Online, revision monkey etc. We (I) was spoiled with video resources (for GCSE 2019 NOT A-level) now i am not, so i use SnapRevise couldn't ask for more no waffle straight to the point (which is what i like) engaging fun videos a bit like GCSEPOD but unfortunately they don't have A-level website that i am aware of.
3. i know it is a little expensive but still far better than getting a private tutor for the same price only for 1 lesson (1hr) plus you can find most of there videos on YouTube too and people (teachers) need to stop assuming that everyone is aiming for A's in their exams i certainly won't if i means i have to deal with the pressure and ongoing stress because "it's what the government, schools and universities want"

I was on the new specification too and the old resources were fine. It was just for the new topics the added to the spec you needed to find updated YouTube videos. I got an A in the end which snap revise did not help with despite the expensive price.

Alas, this thread was based off my opinion, so if you enjoy it cool but for someone wanting to achieve B/A onwards, i wouldn't recommend itn
Original post by Sam_C_
I don't want to spark an argument but want to disagree, sorry :smile: I bought snaprevise for Biology (OCR) and Chemistry (Edexcel) in September (I'm in year 12) and have found it incredibly useful. I have achieved my target grades (A's) in nearly all of my end of unit tests. The videos match my learning style perfectly and were all updated recently and are much better in my opinion. They do provide videos full of exam questions (Ok, there still isn't a massive amount) and there is enough for me at the moment to supplement the questions in the textbook and other information from the textbook. They are admittedly overpriced (I agree with that) but I gave it a go and am glad that I personally found it worth the money. I also went to the very expensive lectures for Chemistry and Biology over the Christmas holidays which I found fantastic.

Overall, I have found no other resources and personally really like Snaprevise and am pleased with my purchase so far but I am very happy to accept that maybe other people don't like it as much (and your reasons are fair enough) but it seemed good enough to me. Hope your A-levels go well and that you can find a resource that suits you :smile:

Hey, do u've snaprevise year 13 for biology(edexcel) and chemistry (edexcel)? If u've pls help me out. I dont have enough to buy it's too cost for me.
I’ve found snaprevise useful for the topics I don’t understand. I also have tailored tutors. Tailored tutors is more concise and focuses on the exam techniques. If you want a concise video with exam technique and how to answer exam questions go to tailored tutors. If you just don’t get what the topic is about go to snaprevise and then follow up with the tailored tutors. I’m very lucky and don’t have to pay for my resources myself and I appreciate many others aren’t in my position. Before I got snaprevise and tailored tutors I had an account on KhanAcademy which is free but I found it a bit confusing because it wasn’t clear on where the video fit the spec. I also have a revision guide which concise notes on for biology which is good for scanning before an exam. Personally, I do loads of past papers then use the videos to touch up on the stuff I did badly on. A-levels are all about getting the balance right. I wouldn’t necessarily say snaprevise is bad but I wouldn’t use it as my main resource.
i agree there are so many more better websites that have free resources.
one website in particular is examqa, excellent resources for gcse and a level maths and science
where do i can find that free resources? thanks!
What resources would you recommend to use for trying to get the highest grade possible for Biology and Chemistry?
I think it's pretty good. People revise and learn in different ways. If you find geography boring she's not going to make it interesting for you.

Latest