The Student Room Group

a level biology - do i need to know everything in the textbook? (specifically ocr)

don’t know if this is a bit of a silly question but do you have to know everything in the textbook for biology? we use the ocr kerboodle one. quite often i find it to be a bit in-concise and wordy and not sure if you need to know every single example there is in there. is just using websites like savemyexams or physics & maths tutor sufficient enough (in terms learning the content)? thank you
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by user01906002
don’t know if this is a bit of a silly question but do you have to know everything in the textbook for biology? we use the ocr kerboodle one. quite often i find it to be a bit in-concise and wordy and not sure if you need to know every single example there is in there. is just using websites like savemyexams or physics & maths tutor sufficient enough (in terms learning the content)? thank you

hi there i did OCR A biology and you do not need to know everything from the textbook - i would really recommond using clare biology on youtube - she is a youtube channel which is based on the OCR spec soley. When i was in year 12 i used snaprevise (it is a good subscription but often its too much information you dont need to know) and in year 13 i just used clare biology and BioRach (for summaries to understand the topics). You need to smash out doing past paper questions and learning what the mark scheme wants for you - often these are repeated in exams. Good luck!

Another thing is making sure you understand and know Module 1 (which is often overlooked - our school never taught us this which was a shock to me) this includes all the stat questions, graphs, uncertainity qs and etc - these are very important to know so you should learn these - this year we had a four marker question on a graph (it was hard to me as i never really recapped what each different graph should include) so make sure you go over this and good luck
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by siahateskwl

hi there i did OCR A biology and you do not need to know everything from the textbook - i would really recommond using clare biology on youtube - she is a youtube channel which is based on the OCR spec soley. When i was in year 12 i used snaprevise (it is a good subscription but often its too much information you dont need to know) and in year 13 i just used clare biology and BioRach (for summaries to understand the topics). You need to smash out doing past paper questions and learning what the mark scheme wants for you - often these are repeated in exams. Good luck!

Another thing is making sure you understand and know Module 1 (which is often overlooked - our school never taught us this which was a shock to me) this includes all the stat questions, graphs, uncertainity qs and etc - these are very important to know so you should learn these - this year we had a four marker question on a graph (it was hard to me as i never really recapped what each different graph should include) so make sure you go over this and good luck

thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest