The Student Room Group

Phillpe couthinho you traitor !

How can you leave us in the middle of the season when we thought not just me but the whole of Liverpool thought you be staying till the end of the season I feel like so angry just like when luis Suarez left
Look on the bright side. You've got plenty of money to waste on Southampton players now.
Reply 2
So why sign a 5 year contract last January at least honour your contract I don’t care if Barca comes calling or Real Madrid you do the right thing by at least holding out for a season or 2 nowadays players are not loyal not like harry Kane he i can see staying with spurs even if the big teams come calling
Reply 3
Haha next buy will be James ward-prowse haha
The temptation to Barcelona is too strong, It’s sad to see such good talent leave the pl to go play in spain, I’m pretty sure if he led liverpool to a pl title soon as if he in prime, he will be remembered more than if he was to help barcelona to the league title in spain
Paid £11m and got £146m. Not bad. He's gone to playing with some of the best in the world and decent chance of competing for winning the CL every year..

If he hadnt have signed the 5 year he would have gone for a lot less.
Original post by Dayzeruz
So why sign a 5 year contract last January at least honour your contract I don’t care if Barca comes calling or Real Madrid you do the right thing by at least holding out for a season or 2 nowadays players are not loyal not like harry Kane he i can see staying with spurs even if the big teams come calling

If he signed a 5-year contract then something must have happened. He doesn't fit well under Jurgen Klopp, he's worried he'll get dropped, he's disappointed with performances.. i don't know.

Either way you can't blame him at all really, can you? It's Barcelona we're talking about here. Any team like Man U, Arsenal etc, I'd get. But if someone said to you, "You can have your dream job right now if you want, higher pay, more professional, the results you want, but your manager will be upset, or you can wait 3 years but the offer might not be on the table then".. which one would you pick?
Reply 7
Liverpool should of kept him until the summer.The battle for top 4 is going to be very hard for them now.they have to buy someone this month maybe lemar from Monaco.
Original post by Dayzeruz

I'm a Liverpool fan I cant be bothered anymore with it. I wasnt angry when Luis left, as he gave us one more season and didnt act like tool like Phil has, but he's been here 5 years and we have made a huge profit. I dont even think he was a our best player either.

Oh and trust me, when Real Madrid do come knocking, Kane will be straight on that plane.

The days of players being loyal like Stevie are over - even for local lads.We just have to accept it.
to be fair for £140m i'm pretty sure Liverpool owners wanted him to leave
1. If you had allowed him to leave earlier in June, he would not be "leaving in the middle of your season."

2. Vin dijk forces a move from southampton to LFC the exact same way Coutinho forced a move from LFC o Barcelona. However, " we cannot blame Van Dijk for being ambitious and wanting to move to a greater club" but can call Phillipe Coutinho a snake?

3. He served you for 5 years, 5 YEARS. He gave everything and worked hard for the team and was disciplined throughout. Show some gratitude. Plus, LFC never wins anything and have to account for a terrible defence.

Give Coutinho a break!

Quick Reply

Latest