The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Latin J282 - 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S.cV
If anyone wants notes for the Druids I can send you the zig zag notes via email? And, for the prose you need around 6 meanings / language features for all 10 marks on that question.

hiya would you be able to send them to me
this would be so helpful, thank you!!!
Sorry can’t remember anything (it was a good 11 months ago haha) other than you defo need to know style points for the 1st section
do you have the zigzag notes you could email to me? :smile:
Original post by charcharlewis
Sorry can’t remember anything (it was a good 11 months ago haha) other than you defo need to know style points for the 1st section
I wasn’t the person who posted that comment I don’t have any zig zag notes😂
Original post by daisyhendrix
do you have the zigzag notes you could email to me? :smile:
Original post by S.cV
If anyone wants notes for the Druids I can send you the zig zag notes via email? And, for the prose you need around 6 meanings / language features for all 10 marks on that question.

hiya please could you send the me the zigzag notes I’d be so grateful:smile:
does anyone have last years paper?
ughhh i hate that we have to learn the texts! its so long and for what? a five mark translation q? ridiculous
they're already testing our translation with the lang paper, i dont understand why we have to do it for lit as well...
u need it for the style points as well tbf
Original post by mez_merising
ughhh i hate that we have to learn the texts! its so long and for what? a five mark translation q? ridiculous
they're already testing our translation with the lang paper, i dont understand why we have to do it for lit as well...
Original post by RohanS123
u need it for the style points as well tbf

mm but analysis is easy you just memorise the words you want...its literally eng lit 2.0

anyone doing boudicca and druids for prose and the countryside poems for verse?
ii
(edited 4 years ago)
Do you have any style points for druids & Boudicca?

Original post by RohanS123
doing Boudicca and druids but Vergilius for verse
Does anyone have Virgil notes? Also, I recommend the candidate sample answers on the OCR page j282. They show exactly what they expect in an answer. And mark schemes at the end of practice papers
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by S.cV

Hi, I know it's been a long time since you posted, but if you could, I'd really appreciate the notes for Druids & Boudica - I have my exam in a week. Thanks
Original post by Classics_Teacher
Sadly not as 2018 was the first year for this new specification, so they are still password-protected by OCR so that they can be used by schools as mock papers.

Aeneid 4 has been a set text in the past, though, and I have a few questions from then which I am trying to match up to the new spec. I can send them to you if you send me a PM. :smile:

Do you think you could send them over to me?
Do you have Aeneid book 4 / 6 for the verse exam?

Original post by goldfvnch
Which parts in particular? I have a lot of notes written out and I can type out some sections for you.
Original post by Lotty Ro
Do you have Aeneid book 4 / 6 for the verse exam?

Sorry I sat the exam last year and my notes are probably binned or locked away in the attic somewhere... If you look back on the thread I've posted some of my analysis I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending