The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Latin J282 - 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If anyone wants notes for the Druids I can send you the zig zag notes via email? And, for the prose you need around 6 meanings / language features for all 10 marks on that question.
loool im ****ed for latin if you lots from private school are all gonna be here raising the grade boundaries... i do it once a week outside of school and honestly could not be less prepared if i tried
Original post by hanlabanane
loool im ****ed for latin if you lots from private school are all gonna be here raising the grade boundaries... i do it once a week outside of school and honestly could not be less prepared if i tried

Lol. I kinda feel the same way, although I go to a grammar and we haven't done any mocks on prose or verse so my target grade is just based on my language mark.
Reply 43
Original post by hannah429
Do you have any resources on the Druids? Thanksss!

Yep i do! I can email to them if you want!
i t ' s t o m o r r o w
@casual_ravenclaw shhhhhhh no-one needs to know
@S.cV do you mind PMing me the notes?
GOOD LUCK!!
I have done all I can and now moving onto computer science revision.....I have that tomorrow as well!
Reply 48
Original post by MystG123
Thank you! Someone else doing ocr latin GCSE! I'm doing Aeneid book 4 and 6 whilst I'm doing the Druides for the other set text.

same!
Reply 49
Original post by casual_ravenclaw
i t ' s t o m o r r o w

have you been taught the connecting relative!!??
i've heard its vital in latin and we havent been taught it!
Reply 50
Original post by S.cV

do you mind sending them to me too please? :smile: xxx
Reply 51
are we supposed to know the CONNECTING RELATIVE?!
@razzy02 it's quite useful, yes.

the connecting relative is a relative pronoun (qui, quae, quod) that's found at the start of a sentence.

an example could be:

Caecilius est in horto. qui in horto sedet.
Caecilius is in the garden. He is sitting in the garden.

here, you can see that instead of being translated as 'who' or 'which' (as with other relative pronouns), the connecting relative is translated as 'he(/she/it)'.

hope this helps!
Reply 53
Original post by euphrosynay
@razzy02 it's quite useful, yes.

the connecting relative is a relative pronoun (qui, quae, quod) that's found at the start of a sentence.

an example could be:

Caecilius est in horto. qui in horto sedet.
Caecilius is in the garden. He is sitting in the garden.

here, you can see that instead of being translated as 'who' or 'which' (as with other relative pronouns), the connecting relative is translated as 'he(/she/it)'.

hope this helps!

thank you so much! do you have the lang. exam tomorrow?
@razzy02 yep! i'm trying not to think about it too much :redface:
Original post by S.cV
If anyone wants notes for the Druids I can send you the zig zag notes via email? And, for the prose you need around 6 meanings / language features for all 10 marks on that question.

please could you email me a copy of the zigzag notes as I' m struggling with style points. Thank you so much.
Reply 56
You don't need to know the connecting relative.. it definitely specifies that in the spec xx
Reply 57
Original post by S.cV

That would be amazing! Thank you xx (I'll PM you)
I got a 5 and I'm terrified for tomorrow! I don't know what to do :frown:(
Can I also have the zig zag notes please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending