The Student Room Group

Applying to the same course at a different uni but can't use old statement?

Hi,
I'm currently doing a game design foundation year. I'm applying to switch uni's so i can do the BA game design (3 years of the course) at a different uni. But I now need to make a new personal statement that doesn't copy/infringe on my old one. How do i do this? Can i literally reword it a bit differently and add/remove some stuff? How harsh would they be if mine came up as copying an old statement of mine?

Also I plan to mention I'm currently doing this course at X uni... will they want to know why i want to move universities?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by James385
Hi,
I'm currently doing a game design foundation year. I'm applying to switch uni's so i can do the BA game design (3 years of the course) at a different uni. But I now need to make a new personal statement that doesn't copy/infringe on my old one. How do i do this? Can i literally reword it a bit differently and add/remove some stuff? How harsh would they be if mine came up as copying an old statement of mine?

Also I plan to mention I'm currently doing this course at X uni... will they want to know why i want to move universities?

You can use an old statement if you are the creator, but see if it can be improved.last time I looked then it wont show up if it cross references against a previous statement made by you. Think they use dob.

Focus on the positives of their course and not of the deficiencies of the one you are leaving.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending