The Student Room Group

Picking rather traditional subjects for GCSE

My GCSE choices are spanish, economics, history and computer science. I've been told my subjects seem too traditional and that i should pick subjects like art or design and technology) as there will be a lot of work load. I'm not very interested in subjects like art and design. I quite like the choices I have chosen. Are those good choices? Should I change it? Will it be important if I don't pick an arty subject? Please reply!

Thank you!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
That's nonsense, if you like those subjects go ahead and take them :biggrin: there's nothing more to say - would you rather get a bad grade and not enjoy art than risk being called 'traditional'? Nobody ever said that to me and I do similar subjects. Many people at my school do choices that are more 'traditional' than that haha
Reply 2
I did geog, history, french and spanish for gcse - i had less work than the art people and french and spanish felt like 1/2 a gcse to me :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by tolulah
I did geog, history, french and spanish for gcse - i had less work than the art people and french and spanish felt like 1/2 a gcse to me :smile:

Is doing both geography and history hard? I'm thinking of putting it geography as one of my reserve choices.

Quick Reply

Latest