The Student Room Group

Not sure if it is worth it to take these A - levels

Hi,
I am currently doing my GCSEs and I want to take law at either Cambridge or LSE, I am planning on taking maths, economics and philosophy at A-level, however, I am not sure if I should also take English Lit. While I do enjoy the subject, and am relatively good at it, I am aware it is quite difficult - is it worth it to take the risk to get into a top Uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Ririswam
Hi,
I am currently doing my GCSEs and I want to take law at either Cambridge or LSE, I am planning on taking maths, economics and philosophy at A-level, however, I am not sure if I should also take English Lit. While I do enjoy the subject, and am relatively good at it, I am aware it is quite difficult - is it worth it to take the risk to get into a top Uni?
Maths/Econ/Philosophy are fine. All traditional academic subjects, and you have 2 essay subjects, which is good for law.

Stick with the subjects you are most likely to get the A* in, as that will be a far bigger factor in determining if you will get in rather than the subject.
Original post by Ririswam
Hi,
Maths, economics and philosophy are great for law. AA*A will always look better than A*ABB so Id recommend sticking with 3 and getting excellent predicted grades, as well as supercurriculars
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest