The Student Room Group

Coventry or Derby for MSc Psychology conversion?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at online MSc Psychology conversion courses with Derby and Coventry and would love to hear from anyone who is doing either online course to find out how you're finding the content and teaching.

I'd also love to hear from anyone who has completed a MSc Psychology conversion course to find out what you did after.

Thanks for any replies!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
I am starting the online conversion at Manchester Met this year, as it was so much cheaper than Derby’s course - I don’t think I looked at Coventry’s though! I have heard good things about Derby though
Reply 3
Original post by Teach&Study
I am starting the online conversion at Manchester Met this year, as it was so much cheaper than Derby’s course - I don’t think I looked at Coventry’s though! I have heard good things about Derby though

Manchester Met is 945 per 20 credits and Derby is 965 per 20 credits, there's only 180 pounds in the difference in total. The main difference seems to be in the elective module options for the two uni.
I'm 2 modules into mine now anyway! Good luck with starting yours :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jade199
Manchester Met is 945 per 20 credits and Derby is 965 per 20 credits, there's only 180 pounds in the difference in total. The main difference seems to be in the elective module options for the two uni.
I'm 2 modules into mine now anyway! Good luck with starting yours :smile:

I believe the course selection is the tricky bit... many people enroll because of lower fees later to drop out because the modules are not interesting for them... I would recommend spending more time on course coverage and module content rather than fees....

Quick Reply

Latest