The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

★ICL requesting for my school grade

Hello
Im an international student applying to ICL
My application was submitted before 15 October and my attitude was "I'm done with this school stuff. It's time to work on my Cambridge interview"
Before 15 October, my first quarter grade was like 5 A+, 1 A and 1 A- with one absence (GPA of 4.28 I think)
From then, my grade got lower and I began to make being absent as a habit. My semester GPA became 3.8 (with A- in math and B+ in physics) and days of absents is like 15

Today, they sent me an email and told me that I need to submit my school records by 19th.
I am now horrified with this thing since I have been rejected from Cambridge and I thought ICL is the other best alternative.
They'll look at my records (9th grade GPA: 3.6 10th grade GPA: 3.9 11th grade GPA: 4.2 12th grade GPA: 3.6) and think what the hell happened to me.
I have this 1360 of SAT score (790 math, 570 English) which I got when I had this infantry English skills like two years ago.

I...... don't know what to do...
There's nothing special about my application except that I have done a number of advanced materials regarding my future major with my private tutor and I have predicted IB grade of 41.

Am I going to be fine...?
or should I look for the nicest roof to jump down in the city?

why are they doing this to international kids......
Original post by MingSan
Hello
Im an international student applying to ICL
My application was submitted before 15 October and my attitude was "I'm done with this school stuff. It's time to work on my Cambridge interview"
Before 15 October, my first quarter grade was like 5 A+, 1 A and 1 A- with one absence (GPA of 4.28 I think)
From then, my grade got lower and I began to make being absent as a habit. My semester GPA became 3.8 (with A- in math and B+ in physics) and days of absents is like 15

Today, they sent me an email and told me that I need to submit my school records by 19th.
I am now horrified with this thing since I have been rejected from Cambridge and I thought ICL is the other best alternative.
They'll look at my records (9th grade GPA: 3.6 10th grade GPA: 3.9 11th grade GPA: 4.2 12th grade GPA: 3.6) and think what the hell happened to me.
I have this 1360 of SAT score (790 math, 570 English) which I got when I had this infantry English skills like two years ago.

I...... don't know what to do...
There's nothing special about my application except that I have done a number of advanced materials regarding my future major with my private tutor and I have predicted IB grade of 41.

Am I going to be fine...?
or should I look for the nicest roof to jump down in the city?

why are they doing this to international kids......

Sounds like it's your fault - you should have focused on your 'school stuff' as much as your interview.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by soggychips
Sounds like it's your fault - you should have focused on your 'school stuff' as much as your interview.

I know its my fault...
I was so foolish and narrow-sighted
Send it to them. You can always get a reference attached to explain that you've been absent a lot recently as an explanation surely? They don't need to know what the reason for absence is. You're still predicted highly in your IB, and they will definitely see your potential from your GPA in previous years. If you don't send it they'll just reject you, so nothing to do except send it. They do this to "international kids" as otherwise they have no evidence of your ability. Home students have GCSE grades that they can look at.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending