The Student Room Group

Got kicked out of my dream school

Got my A Level's back and it wasnt enough to get back in. This was my last chance to do well. I didnt do the best at GCSE so i was already on ice. Got BDD. I've tried so so damn hard and now i lost it. Everytime i feel like nothing goes right for me. I loved the school i went to. It was one of the best but now i feel like a failure and i was so close to getting Cs which were the minimum requirement
Original post by BoxTop
Got my A Level's back and it wasnt enough to get back in. This was my last chance to do well. I didnt do the best at GCSE so i was already on ice. Got BDD. I've tried so so damn hard and now i lost it. Everytime i feel like nothing goes right for me. I loved the school i went to. It was one of the best but now i feel like a failure and i was so close to getting Cs which were the minimum requirement

First of all you didnt get kicked out of anywhere you just didn't meet the grade requirements for your desired uni. Please dont let this get to you too much, the grade boundaries were atrocious. If you genuinely really really want to go to that uni then you could always try resitting but icl that sounds like torture. Clearing is always an option and theres still unis doing clearing. I know so many people who have said that them not getting into their dream uni and instead going through clearing was the best thing that happened to them. I really hope it works out for you but dont beat yourself up about it and instead try and do something about it. Everything happens for a reason at the end of the day :smile:

Out of curiosity what is the course that youre interested in?
Reply 2
My apologies, Im still at AS Level, i should have specified. I'm really want to do Medicine as a career
Original post by BoxTop
My apologies, Im still at AS Level, i should have specified. I'm really want to do Medicine as a career

Oh I see! Do you not have anymore chances to prove to your teachers that you are deserving of higher grades e.g through class assessments or mocks. In my college yes our predicted grades were based upon first year exams but they changed based on how we did in our exams from september to november ish. Maybe ask your teachers about this as it should be a possibility. Also foundation year medicine is also an option if they aren't willing to change your grades. But if I were you I would definitely ask my teachers or even better like a more senior person e.g head of hall. I hope it all works out for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending