The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

University of Cumbria AMBLESIDE 2018?

Scroll to see replies

Used to sail Optimists, 420s, and cats -- last summer I actually got to sail some cats which was great. I know they have a laser fleet at Cumbria though, that should be fun to discover
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Haha optimists are basically a big bath tub 😂 Those are cool boats though! I mainly sailed a topper but lasers are good!
Guys someone start the group chat! My Facebook is just Joe J Barker
Original post by oli.twigger
Haha optimists are basically a big bath tub 😂 Those are cool boats though! I mainly sailed a topper but lasers are good!

Yeah you have to be small to sail an optimist haha, but the level can get quite high, I know a girl who does world championships in optimists
We’ve made a fb chat but we don’t know what your name is 😂
It's Darth Vader 😬 nah Sam's adding me
Hi I can see I'm a little late to the thread but I'm starting Cumbria uni at Ambleside this September, put Outdoor adventure and environment as my firm choice and I've just got my place in accommodation, hoping to maybe get to know a few people perhaps?
Hey Toby, that’s great to hear! Sam is also doing the same course as you, joe and myself are doing the leadership one. We are all in the new block of accommodation as well. Where will you be in? :smile:
Hey Toby! I'm doing the same course, so excited!
Original post by oli.twigger
Hey Toby, that’s great to hear! Sam is also doing the same course as you, joe and myself are doing the leadership one. We are all in the new block of accommodation as well. Where will you be in? :smile:

Thank you, I'm gonna be in Fairfield, congratulations to you all for choosing great courses
Original post by sam.tarrant
Hey Toby! I'm doing the same course, so excited!

So am I! I'm really looking forward to learning how to sail, and being able to climb on a daily basis, what about you?
Those things sound amazing! Sailing was a big point for me too. Just the location is what appeals to me, can't wait to do some exploring lol
Yeah it's stunning up there, whoever decided to open a campus there was an absolute genius!
Where are you currently, Toby?
I'm in Chesterfield, doing a 3rd year of Sixth form to get enough UCAS points, yourself?
Ah nice! Oli, Joe and I are all South West England. Devon and Somerset way.
oooh that must be nice there, what made you choose Cumbria may I ask?
I just wanted a change really, experience a different part of the country. Yourself?
Mainly due to it being one of the few places that offers a course like this, and with the environment I'd be learning in I just couldn't say no
Ah okay! I guess we'll be seeing eachother up there then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending