The Student Room Group

I need help, i'm scared! 3rd year of uni... Can i get a 2:1?

Basically I am very very worried and concerned about myself right now.

SO FAR... This is what I have achieved in 3rd year:

I started on third year amazingly and I achieved 75 (1st class) on my annotated bibliography which is 10% of my dissertation grade and my dissertation is worth 45 credits.

I received my health psychology coursework results and achieved a 60% (2.1). I'm very very upset with this result since that means that I will have to do really well in the exam to get 60%. The coursework is worth 40% and exam is 60%. I usually always get 55% or below on exams so I rely a lot on cw to bring my grade up by a little.

First year and second year equal 23.25875 which means that if I want a 2:1 (60%) overall - I would need to get an average of 61.2354167.

My modules for third year equal to 120 credits:
15 cred - say I get 50% in Health Psychology.
15 cred
15 cred
15 cred
15 cred
45 cred dissertation (10% completed at upper 1st)

If I get 50 on my health psychology module but I do really well and get 1st class on my other modules... will I be able to get a 2:1 overall?

If you need more info, feel free to ask!

I'm just so worried about my result, I was also thinking of having a graduation party but if I'm getting a 2:2 - I think I'll have to forget the party.
Original post by 1996girl

I started on third year amazingly and I achieved 75 (1st class) on my annotated bibliography which is 10% of my dissertation grade and my dissertation is worth 45 credits.

I received my health psychology coursework results and achieved a 60% (2.1). I'm very very upset with this result since that means that I will have to do really well in the exam to get 60%. The coursework is worth 40% and exam is 60%. I usually always get 55% or below on exams so I rely a lot on cw to bring my grade up by a little.

First year and second year equal 23.25875 which means that if I want a 2:1 (60%) overall - I would need to get an average of 61.2354167.

15 cred
15 cred
15 cred
15 cred

If I get 50 on my health psychology module but I do really well and get 1st class on my other modules... will I be able to get a 2:1 overall?

I'm just so worried about my result, I was also thinking of having a graduation party but if I'm getting a 2:2 - I think I'll have to forget the party.

Assuming you got 70% in all the modules except health psychology your average would be 67.5, so a 2:1 is still achievable from you.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Assuming you got 70% in all the modules except health psychology your average would be 67.5, so a 2:1 is still achievable from you.

Thank you for working that out for me! I shall try and best and see what happens! :smile:
Im going through the same issues as you. Im a final year psychology student and want to achieve atleast a 2.1. Firstly, year 1 one doesnt count towards your degree.. so year 2 is 33% of the final grade and y3 is 66%. And secondly, your lowest 20 credit module for year 2 and year 3 will not count towards your overall mark which means you get your best 200 credits out of 360. I say just look at feedback and try your best for each module and almost certainly by the sounds of it you will get your 2.1.

Original post by 1996girl

15 cred
15 cred
15 cred
15 cred

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending