The Student Room Group

Luxury Dublin Hotel Bans All Social Media Influencers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AperfectBalance
Sure the "influencer" was a bit silly thinking that they were that big of a deal but in all honesty the influencer was not rude and was just asking because things like this happen all the time, sometimes it is even a free flight to somewhere and a really nice experience for a travel advert far more cost than a stay at a hotel (normally this is only pretty famous "influencers"

The manager was rather rude suggesting that "who will pay for x and y" the whole Idea is that putting up this "influencer" for free would bring in more money from other people that are influenced that would eventually make up for the free stay, the manager even said she had little dignity. the manager should have just said something friendly but saying no, not being horribly rude to someone who did not deserve it.

Overall very bad management from the hotel and a polite but too optimistic "influencer"

You're going to have to explain to me how the manager is the douche in this scenario?
Reply 21
Looks like the Social Influencer didn't check the hotel's social media strategy before contacting them.

This is the cover photo for the hotel:
https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel/

Spoiler

Universal Orlando Florida...its been good for them...please she doesn't even have 1 million followers
Original post by Doonesbury
Looks like the Social Influencer didn't check the hotel's social media strategy before contacting them.

Not only that, but I suspect any influence they might have had has crashed as a result of this debacle, especially when you consider they were bounced from such a low scale establishment.

Any people who are genuinely influenced by people like this really ought to take a good hard look in the mirror.
Quite silly of the hotel. They happily spend £100s of facebook ads or newspaper adverts, that most people ignore.

whilst consumers actually engage and pay attention to where instagramers go.

I have friends approached by a few brands and the CPM they offer you is really low, compared to what google or facebook charge
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hannah00
They happily spend £100s of facebook ads or newspaper adverts,

I bet the advertising budget of this hotel is smaller than my tobacco budget - and I don't smoke.
Reply 26
Original post by Good bloke
Not only that, but I suspect any influence they might have had has crashed as a result of this debacle, especially when you consider they were bounced from such a low scale establishment.

Any people who are genuinely influenced by people like this really ought to take a good hard look in the mirror.

I bet they believed the restaurant actually has 5 Michelin stars.

"The White Moose Café is the only 5-Michelin-Star restaurant on planet Earth, located in Phibsboro area of Dublin 7."
Reply 27
Quite silly of the hotel. They happily spend £100s of facebook ads or newspaper adverts, that most people ignore.

I have friends approached by a few brands and the CPM they offer you is really low, compared to what google or facebook charge

The owner is *very* aware of the marketing stategy that works for them.
https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/dublin-caf-owner-attracts-the-attention-of-angry-irish-vegans-after-banning-them-from-the-establishment-34144818.html

:toofunny:

He has a sense of humour, which is more than can be said for some of the puritan snowflakes leaving comments. Excellent!
Reply 29

In fairness a lot of people will happily ignore these Instagram plebs as well...
Reply 30
:toofunny:

He has a sense of humour, which is more than can be said for some of the puritan snowflakes leaving comments. Excellent!

I must say iffor what ever reason I happen to visit Dublin i'm deeply tempted to frequent this chaps hotel now, it sounds great fun :u:
Reply 31

Now you're the one who looks silly without doing even the most basic of research on this hotel, much like the original influencer.
On the contrary, the hotel manager was perfectly polite. He certainly didn't grovel or soften his message but he didn't insult anyone either, and merely bluntly refused a specious and blunt begging letter. It all seems fair enough to me. Pointing out that in his opinion the beggar lacked dignity was neither rude nor untrue.

I mean saying that someone lacks dignity is certainly rude. I dont think that the "influencer" deserved free things but she was polite and just asked.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I mean saying that someone lacks dignity is certainly rude.

It is a simple statement of opinion.
Original post by Reue
Now you're the one who looks silly without doing even the most basic of research on this hotel, much like the original influencer.

Nah im flawless.

I was speaking generally about brands who dm my friends

Do you have low self esteem or something? Putting others down to try feel better about yourself is sad
Original post by Napp
You're going to have to explain to me how the manager is the douche in this scenario?

Because the manager was rude, dont get me wrong I think the whole "influencer" thing is a bit silly but she was very polite, it could have just been "hey can I have X free I will promote your hotel I have Y followers" "sorry no but we would love you to stay" or something along the lines of that.
It is a simple statement of opinion.

And one that would be considered rude by most. me saying the N word is a simple statement yet is considered very rude by most.
Reply 37
Original post by Reue

Her research likely consisted of grabbing a list of Dublin hotels and mass-mailing them all the same thing, in the hopes that one of them would be amicable to her freeloading collaboration request.
Original post by Napp
In fairness a lot of people will happily ignore these Instagram plebs as well...

Alot of niche communities on instagram with strong fan base, followers definitely pay attention.

You also get the bonus of word of mouth credibility and photos to use in promotional material
Reply 39
Nah im flawless.

Clearly

I was speaking generally about brands who dm my friends

You were not, you specifically mentioned the hotel.

Do you have low self esteem or something? Putting others down to try feel better about yourself is sad

Nope, and I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending