The Student Room Group

Interail Thread!

Hey everyone!

Myself and two other friends (18y/o, males) are travelling around Europe starting the 8th June for 22 days. I thought I might start this thread for any other fellow interailer's who would like ask or answers questions about Interail. I'd also love to know, for the people who are going this summer, what their plans are with Interail and what countries you'll be visiting.

Some insight on our trip - we are basically making it as spontaneous as possible, making sure that we let our exploring bring us to where it wants us to. Of course we have a backup plan and a 'direction' we'd like to follow. Our main goal is to circumnavigate Europe by travelling clockwise, starting from London. We plan to sleep on overnight trains mostly or otherwise enlisting in services like Tinder :biggrin:, to find places to crash. In the worst case scenario we're bringing a tent and some cookers etc. (we might sleep under a bridge :s-smilie:). Anyway, the point is that we need to just 'go with the flow' - I think thats the perfect recipe.

Let me know what you all are doing and we can maybe link up!
That sounds so exciting! I'd absolutely love to do something like this one day. I'm just applying for my first passport so I can get out to see some of Europe, and I'm definitely interested in interailing. Super excited to hear how it goes for you!

Quick Reply

Latest