The Student Room Group

HELP!!!

Hey guys!
I am a A2 student and studying History (OCR) Business Studies (Edexcel) and Psychology (AQA)
Can anyone give any suggestions to revise these subjects?
All suggestions are welcome
the only one that I've done is business but I'm sure you can apply it to your other courses too.

1.past papers - I know there aren't a lot for edexcel business as it's a new spec, but the topics aren't too dissimilar to the old one. just do lots of exam questions to get used to the formats and to also find out which areas you're struggling in.

2. print out the course specification and create a check list based on this.

3. for each topic create a mind map, make each branch from the centre a different colour (so each sub topic has a different colour, but the branches coming off that are the same). draw pictures if it helps.

4. create revision cards for definitions, formulas, graphs, and any other key points.

start off by figuring out which areas you find the hardest to remember and spend the most time in them, but don't neglect the areas that you think you know, completely
(edited 6 years ago)
I can’t give any subject-specific advice as I know nothing of any of the subjects, but I can give you some general advice.

If you’re not already using it, the Pomedoro technique is a brilliant way of structuring work into manageable slots. Essentially you work in 25 minute blocks, with small breaks in between. Put all distractions (anything with internet that isn’t vital to your revision) away and out of sight/reach. Standard working schedule is:

25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
15 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work

Longer break.

Other than that, keep all distractions away like I said, make sure you have a source of water and toilet that does not require seeing a distraction to access. Keep yourself motivated by reflecting on how much work you’ve managed to do over the last session. Seriously, it helps to realise that you’re making progress; your mind can be overly negative sometimes.
Original post by Jatsy768
the only one that I've done is business but I'm sure you can apply it to your other courses too.

1.past papers - I know there aren't a lot for edexcel business as it's a new spec, but the topics aren't too dissimilar to the old one. just do lots of exam questions to get used to the formats and to also find out which areas you're struggling in.

2. print out the course specification and create a check list based on this.

3. for each topic create a mind map, make each branch from the centre a different colour (so each sub topic has a different colour, but the branches coming off that are the same). draw pictures if it helps.

4. create revision cards for definitions, formulas, graphs, and any other key points.

start off by figuring out which areas you find the hardest to remember and spend the most time in them, but don't neglect the areas that you think you know, completely

Thank You!!!
Original post by TimGB
I can’t give any subject-specific advice as I know nothing of any of the subjects, but I can give you some general advice.

If you’re not already using it, the Pomedoro technique is a brilliant way of structuring work into manageable slots. Essentially you work in 25 minute blocks, with small breaks in between. Put all distractions (anything with internet that isn’t vital to your revision) away and out of sight/reach. Standard working schedule is:

25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
15 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work

Longer break.

Other than that, keep all distractions away like I said, make sure you have a source of water and toilet that does not require seeing a distraction to access. Keep yourself motivated by reflecting on how much work you’ve managed to do over the last session. Seriously, it helps to realise that you’re making progress; your mind can be overly negative sometimes.

Thank You
Original post by TimGB

25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
15 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work
5 mins break
25 mins work

Longer break.

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending