The Student Room Group

How important is Work Experience when writing a PS to apply for Uni?

I got none.

I'm unemployed, broke and single...

A part of me wants to work, but many part time jobs require certain things (like previous experience) so i'm like it's not worth bothering to apply for them...

Anyway is Work Experience that significant when writing a Personal Statement to apply for University?
Reply 1
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
I got none.

A part of me wants to work, but many part time jobs require certain things (like previous experience) so i'm like it's not worth bothering to apply for them...

Anyway is Work Experience that significant when writing a Personal Statement to apply for University?

for medicine, vet, dentistry, very important.
for anything else, not really important, especially irrelevant work experience like the one's you work just to earn money.
I got none.

What degree you thinking of? For many courses you just need to read books you are interested in.

In my History personal statement I didn't add anything about skills,work experience or a levels. Just History books I read and I analysed them + what I found interesting
Original post by StayWoke
for medicine, vet, dentistry, very important.
for anything else, not really important, especially irrelevant work experience like the one's you work just to earn money.

So it lowkey don't matter that I'm unemployed and have zero work experience? (I'm applying for International Business or Business Management)

@SuperHuman98
Reply 4
So it lowkey don't matter that I'm unemployed and have zero work experience? (I'm applying for International Business or Business Management)

@SuperHuman98

how would a retail job or some other **** job help you in that degree?
Original post by StayWoke
how would a retail job or some other **** job help you in that degree?

Beats me mate. Sh*t if anything, it might show that i'm not lazy... (irl i'm lazy, think i'm gona get BBC in a levels)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending