The Student Room Group

CV - do I list or summarise GCSE results in this situation?

Hi, I’m 17 and have to do a week of work experience soon, and so have started to write my first CV.
All the websites I’ved looked at say to summarise my GCSE results, but I’m hoping to work in a (primary) school, where the subjects I did and what I got may be relevant? So what is the best way to go?
I’m assuming they’re going to have a lot of kids applying for work experience as it’s very close to another secondary school, so I need to look good. Examples are definitely a welcome...

Thank you! :smile:
I'm assuming you don't have much work experience, employment history etc. so to bulk up your CV I would list them all. That's what I did when I was looking for my first job, and now that I'm gaining more experience (started my degree and on my 2nd job) I'm filling my CV up with more things, therefore in a few years I can summarise them. For the moment though because at 17 your CV won't have much on it, I recommend listing them. That's what I've always been told and so far it works.
Original post by Internetcxt
Hi, I’m 17 and have to do a week of work experience soon, and so have started to write my first CV.
All the websites I’ved looked at say to summarise my GCSE results, but I’m hoping to work in a (primary) school, where the subjects I did and what I got may be relevant? So what is the best way to go?
I’m assuming they’re going to have a lot of kids applying for work experience as it’s very close to another secondary school, so I need to look good. Examples are definitely a welcome...

Thank you! :smile:

You summarise, your GCSEs really aren't going to help except if you have a specifically relevant subject like childcare. You need to put

20xx-xx School Name, Town
xx GCSEs grades X-Y, including English, Maths and Childcare

Filling your CV by listing things is just a standard padding technique and won't make any employer think your CV is fuller than it really is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending