The Student Room Group

Uni applications

One of the universities I’m applying to is saying that as part of the application process they want my personal statement, references a CV and exam transcripts and certificates.
Ik that the personal statement and references would be sent off. But how would the CV and exam transcripts be sent off? Must they be sent off with UCAS when my college submit my application? Or would the university send me an email asking me to give my CV and exam results?
What are transcripts also? Are they the breakdown of each unit I did?
Original post by Syed998
One of the universities I’m applying to is saying that as part of the application process they want my personal statement, references a CV and exam transcripts and certificates.
Ik that the personal statement and references would be sent off. But how would the CV and exam transcripts be sent off? Must they be sent off with UCAS when my college submit my application? Or would the university send me an email asking me to give my CV and exam results?
What are transcripts also? Are they the breakdown of each unit I did?

Once the uni receives your UCAS application (which will contain your personal statement and reference), they will be in touch to gather any additional information they need.

When that happens, if it's not entirely clear what they're looking for, then just ask them.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Once the uni receives your UCAS application (which will contain your personal statement and reference), they will be in touch to gather any additional information they need.

When that happens, if it's not entirely clear what they're looking for, then just ask them.

thank you so much.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia

I’m so confused on the transcripts though. Is that the main exam papers and coursework I did.
Would they want all the exam papers I did for gcse and all my coursework from the BTEC I’m doing now?
When I got my results for year 12 they gave me a certificate saying what grade I got in each unit. Is that the only transcript they want?
Original post by Syed998
I’m so confused on the transcripts though. Is that the main exam papers and coursework I did.
Would they want all the exam papers I did for gcse and all my coursework from the BTEC I’m doing now?
When I got my results for year 12 they gave me a certificate saying what grade I got in each unit. Is that the only transcript they want?

For some qualifications (e.g. GCSEs) they'll just want the certificates.

For your BTEC they'll likely want the Notification of Performance (I think that's what it's called) which lists the units you've done so far, and the grade you got in each unit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending