The Student Room Group

I started revising a month ago. How many hours a day?

How many hours should I be revising on a:
- School day
- Holiday/Weekend
And how do I find the physical energy (not motivation, I got that covered by looking at Oxbridge websites) to REALLY focus?
Doesn't matter how many hours you do. You could spend 8 hours copying notes out of a textbook or 3 hours doing practice papers and learn more in the 3 hours than the 8 hours. It's what you do with the time. You need to use your time effectively and revise well, not just blindly aiming for maximising hours, because then you won't get anywhere.

Physical energy - eating healthily, drinking plenty of water, getting a good solid 8 hours sleep a night, exercising well and taking regular breaks.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Doesn't matter how many hours you do. You could spend 8 hours copying notes out of a textbook or 3 hours doing practice papers and learn more in the 3 hours than the 8 hours. It's what you do with the time. You need to use your time effectively and revise well, not just blindly aiming for maximising hours, because then you won't get anywhere.

Physical energy - eating healthily, drinking plenty of water, getting a good solid 8 hours sleep a night, exercising well and taking regular breaks.

Thank you for that.
Might not work for you, but my schedule is as follows.

On weekdays, I wake up at 5AM, get showered etc, from 6-8 I revise. That's two hours before school. Then when I get home I do two more hours, and then I enjoy some free time. That's 4 hours spaced out.

On weekends, I wake up at 5AM again, I revise from 6-11. Then I revise from 4-7 and enjoy the rest of the evening.

From mid-March, my plan is to use up 3/4 of my weekends towards studying.
Reply 4
Original post by KingCamembert
Might not work for you, but my schedule is as follows.

On weekdays, I wake up at 5AM, get showered etc, from 6-8 I revise. That's two hours before school. Then when I get home I do two more hours, and then I enjoy some free time. That's 4 hours spaced out.

On weekends, I wake up at 5AM again, I revise from 6-11. Then I revise from 4-7 and enjoy the rest of the evening.

From mid-March, my plan is to use up 3/4 of my weekends towards studying.

I think it's a fantastic strategy, but for me at least, it'd be incredibly difficult to pull off. I reckon I should give it a shot nonetheless. Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest