The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by masecase
@clh4790 It is a fairly simple one just try a few things with it.

I ended up getting it. I felt super dumb after I realized what it was. Thanks for the response.
I have been struggling with HQ lvl8 c3 if anyone has some ideas on how to listen to a service.
@clh4790 now I feel extra dumb since I can't figure it out. I've been working with "user", "boss", "yaka matsu". What am I doing wrong?
Original post by clh4790
I ended up getting it. I felt super dumb after I realized what it was. Thanks for the response.
Original post by jkimmelf
@clh4790 now I feel extra dumb since I can't figure it out. I've been working with "user", "boss", "yaka matsu". What am I doing wrong?

try the values that it gives you in the briefing in the "user" field and "value" field.
I figured it out, but I think I overthink these way too frequently.
try the values that it gives you in the briefing in the "user" field and "value" field.
Original post by jkimmelf
I figured it out, but I think I overthink these way too frequently.

That's alright. A lot of us do. If you can't figure one of these challenges out, try starting out with simple things.
If you still need help with this one, the cat command to read the file doesn't work because they've disabled it.
You need to grep with the right syntax to find the password.

Original post by abg12
Stuck on Hq base Level 5 challenge 4. Anyone able to help. I know it has to be ssh and i can't open the file with the passwords for some reason idk why.

Challenge prompt:
An agent on Level 05 has told us about another big hack he's working on. Apparently someone broke into a popular shopping site, stole all the usernames and passwords and was going to post them online. Luckily, we got to theYou m first and recovered the details. Why is this important? Well, it seems one of the Yakoottees was a member of that site.

He typically uses one of these three usernames: kazuya, kaz_whizz, kazuya99. We've put the recovered data on one of our servers. We've given you access, so see if you can find him on there. If we knew the password he uses maybe we can use that later.
If anyone needs help with *almost* any of the challenges from Headquarters L7 and prior, I can provide help/hints. I've completed a few challenges in L8 so far. Can someone help me with a couple of the SSH challenges? They are fun to me, but frustrating too because it's like trying to find a needle that's not even in the haystack. The first is L6 C7 (Junya Who?), I've used "find" and grep all over the place but none of the files contain Junya, not searching from root. I've tried a few different keywords too but "find" didn't find anything that was the surname. The second one is L7 C10 (Bash the Botnet), same deal where using the find command hasn't helped using some keywords the use in the brief, including simply looking for the word "flag". Is there a trick I'm missing? The third is L8 C3 (Port Service), I'm having trouble connecting the port. There's no IP address like a regular SSH challenge. Last challenge I'm having issues with is L8 C4 (Barcode Bonanza). I retrieved the raw data from the barcodes and then ran a python script to print out all 24 possible combinations of the 4 groups of letters/symbols. I cut and pasted each possible combination but none of them worked as the flag. Did I miss a step?
Thank you for any help, and good luck!
Original post by ponder411
Can someone help me with a couple of the SSH challenges?

I'll help you out this week, but it may not be today.
Awesome, thank you! I have a busy week too but any help will be appreciated when you get the time!
Original post by siv_art
I'll help you out this week, but it may not be today.
Original post by ponder411
If anyone needs help with *almost* any of the challenges from Headquarters L7 and prior, I can provide help/hints. I've completed a few challenges in L8 so far. Can someone help me with a couple of the SSH challenges? They are fun to me, but frustrating too because it's like trying to find a needle that's not even in the haystack. The first is L6 C7 (Junya Who?), I've used "find" and grep all over the place but none of the files contain Junya, not searching from root. I've tried a few different keywords too but "find" didn't find anything that was the surname. The second one is L7 C10 (Bash the Botnet), same deal where using the find command hasn't helped using some keywords the use in the brief, including simply looking for the word "flag". Is there a trick I'm missing? The third is L8 C3 (Port Service), I'm having trouble connecting the port. There's no IP address like a regular SSH challenge. Last challenge I'm having issues with is L8 C4 (Barcode Bonanza). I retrieved the raw data from the barcodes and then ran a python script to print out all 24 possible combinations of the 4 groups of letters/symbols. I cut and pasted each possible combination but none of them worked as the flag. Did I miss a step?
Thank you for any help, and good luck!

Try to grep with '-i' that will make the value non-case sensitive.
I also am having trouble with SSH challenges. L8 C3 I am having the same issue. If anyone has some ideas I would be grateful as well.
With L8 C4 try decoding the raw data from the barcodes.
if anyone wants help with anything up to HQ lvl 11, forensics 5 or all of moon base just message me ive done the challenges
Aaaand elite invites are finally out! So happy to have made it in! :smile:
Original post by RowanREEEE
Aaaand elite invites are finally out! So happy to have made it in! :smile:

I'm in the US version and we still have a few weeks. If you don't mind my asking, what % or points did you have in Discovery to make it to Elite?
i didnt get it :mad::angry::eek::eek3:
@shella688 will i need to edit the flashing pad bit, please?

Original post by shella688
At the top of the lock, it says "0003 KCOL RORRIM" and this reversed gets you "MIRROR LOCK 3000", which may provide a hint to what you need to do with the code from the flashing pad bit
It feels like it should be really simple, but what kind of changes are needed for L6 C4 and L7 C1?
You only need to input a something in "name" and "value"

I know I need to input something in name and value but what I have tried his name secret and meany number values still nothing
Original post by shadow231
I know I need to input something in name and value but what I have tried his name secret and meany number values still nothing

"Value" doesn't have to be a number. It can be anything. Try what it tells you in the briefing.
Reply 1598
Yea the Value is given in the brief if you read it carefully enough :smile:
Original post by shadow231

"Value" doesn't have to be a number. It can be anything. Try what it tells you in the briefing.
If anyone's willing to help with HQ L9 C4 and C8 regarding PHP, I would appreciate it. I'm done in HQ L1-8 if you need guidance.

Also Forensics L2 C3 - I've examined the file in GHex but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending