The Student Room Group

RP or Psych a-level for medicine?

So, I'm definitely doing Bio and Chem- not Maths, I just don't enjoy it as much and Cambridge doesn't bother me. My school only allows 3 a-levels, so which do you think would be most beneficial for medicine at uni, Religion and Philosophy or Psychology?
I do RP GCSE and get good grades and enjoy it, but psych seems REALLY interesting and I don't mind the workload- any ideas on how to choose? I'd also like to do an EPQ which could go with either subject tbh.
Reply 1
Original post by XubinX
So, I'm definitely doing Bio and Chem- not Maths, I just don't enjoy it as much and Cambridge doesn't bother me. My school only allows 3 a-levels, so which do you think would be most beneficial for medicine at uni, Religion and Philosophy or Psychology?
I do RP GCSE and get good grades and enjoy it, but psych seems REALLY interesting and I don't mind the workload- any ideas on how to choose? I'd also like to do an EPQ which could go with either subject tbh.

I do psychology and I do really like the course. Some aspects are boring but there are some biological studies, and it can be seen as a sort of scientific course. There’s some maths in there too, not super difficult but there is a tiny tiny amount of non-parametric tests you need to know, along with a bit of differentiation. I’d say, go for what you enjoy the most. You have to spend 2 years being dedicated to it. Also it will show in your personal statement if you can talk about a subject that you love!

Quick Reply

Latest