The Student Room Group

Pineapple on pizza, Yay or Nay?

Scroll to see replies

defintelly yes, because pineapples on pizza useful for metabolism
Reply 21
It's just plain wrong, why don't you start putting apples and oranges as well?
Original post by JoeeA
It's just plain wrong, why don't you start putting apples and oranges as well?

Original post by CoolCavy
Don't eat pizza
:five:
Original post by Danny Dorito
I know, but we've also had multiple threads around whether Brexit was a good idea and to me their similar issues in terms of seriousness. Plus it's national pizza day and people may have change their minds.
I also like how people can get more worked up on a debate in Food and drink than in debate and current affairs.:mmm:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Nothing I've ever seen screams Brighton more than that.
Original post by 04MR17
:five:
I also like how people can get more worked up on a debate in Food and drink than in debate and current affairs.:mmm:

Pizza just reminds me of being home alone at a level and the loneliness and miserableness of that (lol what's changed). Haven't eaten a single defrosted pizza since

Original post by 04MR17
Nothing I've ever seen screams Brighton more than that.

Only if it's vegan :giggle:
Pineapple always yes.
Reply 27
Meh..
Love it, Hawaiian pizza is my favourite
I don't mind it, but it certainly isn't my favourite.
Original post by Lilium
Pineapple pizza haters are, for the most part, pseudo food snobs.

It's all in the execution.

If you're eating a soggy pie, obviously you're not going to enjoy a wet wedge of pineapple on it.

Prosciutto pairs well with melon and that's generally well accepted. I don't see pineapple with parma ham on a pizza as too much of a stretch.

So long as it's properly grilled and not wetting the pizza, it's fine. Same with courgette or aubergine slices.

There are also people who'll scream bloody murder over creme fraiche on pizza, when it's actually delicious. Traditionally, it's used in flammkuchen (tarte flambée), which is almost a pizza, except that it's incredibly thin and it's dough is made out of only water, flour and some salt (though some recipes call for some oil). At any rate, creme fraiche with onions and lardons or smoked salmon is amazing.

And pineapple on pizza is a-ok. Magnus Nilsson and his two Michelin stars clearly don't have a problem with it.

My guess is the people who absolutely hate it have a biological predisposition against it, like the people who can't stand coriander.

Some people just don't like pineapple, true.

I usually hate what Americans do with pizza, but I love a Hawiian(Spelling?)

I love Coriander, and hate smoked salmon....
Reply 32
it's not yay or nay....

it is Gay
It's defo the best kind of pizza! :heart:
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Some people just don't like pineapple, true.

I usually hate what Americans do with pizza, but I love a Hawiian(Spelling?)

I love Coriander, and hate smoked salmon....

Then it would be more reasonable to say they don't like pineapples - which is no different than disliking any other topping - instead of the incredibly strong reactions (it's almost a meme) displayed.

Smoked salmon is definitely something I took a while to enjoy. Smoked marlin, on the other hand, I quite dislike. That may be because I've never had good smoked marlin. Which reminds me, maybe canned pineapples on pizza taste a lot worse too.

I believe the Hawaiian means different things in different places. The ones I've had were with grilled chicken or sausage instead of ham. My only direct experience with American pizzas have been at chains like Domino's and Pizza Hut, so that doesn't really count.

One of my favourite pizzas is the pepperoni pizza, which is distinctly American. The type where the whole pie is covered in pepperoni. Yum. Though, really, any type of smoked or spicy thin slice of pork will have me just as happy.

God, I really like pizza. Not obsessively, but enough that I can't eat takeout anymore because it pisses me off.
Original post by Lilium
Then it would be more reasonable to say they don't like pineapples - which is no different than disliking any other topping - instead of the incredibly strong reactions (it's almost a meme) displayed.

Smoked salmon is definitely something I took a while to enjoy. Smoked marlin, on the other hand, I quite dislike. That may be because I've never had good smoked marlin. Which reminds me, maybe canned pineapples on pizza taste a lot worse too.

I believe the Hawaiian means different things in different places. The ones I've had were with grilled chicken or sausage instead of ham. My only direct experience with American pizzas have been at chains like Domino's and Pizza Hut, so that doesn't really count.

One of my favourite pizzas is the pepperoni pizza, which is distinctly American. The type where the whole pie is covered in pepperoni. Yum. Though, really, any type of smoked or spicy thin slice of pork will have me just as happy.

God, I really like pizza. Not obsessively, but enough that I can't eat takeout anymore because it pisses me off.

It's the rawness mainly, though Salmon isn't my favorite fish- I prefer Tuna well done also.

You tried fiorentina pizza, with the egg?
Pineapple on pizza is the best thing ever.
Pineapple on pizza forever!!!!!!
Pineapple on pizza is amazing.
Truly.
What I actually like about it most is that warm pineapple is the tastiest thing ever (and it's pretty healthy too! - whoever said that the tastiest things in life aren't healthy?)
Pineapple on pizza: warm pineapple is sweet and succulent to contrast the drier bread base and the savoury taste of pizza. It's like icing on a cake - literally and figuratively.

Quick Reply

Latest