Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have an applicant day tomorrow. I don't really want to go, and I do already hold an offer (Computer Science), but I feel like I should go. At one point there is a 'one-on-one' talk with an academic - this sounds to me like an interview that isn't an interview. TBH, I don't really want to do Computer Science anymore, but Maths instead. What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to go, then don't go. Have you been to the university already? If you have and you have seen what you want to see then it's fine. Most applicant days are similar to open days; the only difference is that you engage more with the academics and the department of the course.

Also, is this uni going to be your firm choice?

In terms of changing your course to maths, ask the university first. Most unis let you change the course within the first week or term of starting. Or you can apply with maths next year.

Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.