The Student Room Group

Plagarism

I am a second year student. My first time writing a research proposal and it’s been pulled for academic integrity investigation. Looking at the evidence the issue is the literature review, but the problem is poor referencing not plagarism as I have not over referenced. I have never had this problem before and the rest of the essay is not a concern. Has anyone been through a similar situation and able to offer some advice on what happened?
Original post by Uni_Student016
I am a second year student. My first time writing a research proposal and it’s been pulled for academic integrity investigation. Looking at the evidence the issue is the literature review, but the problem is poor referencing not plagarism as I have not over referenced. I have never had this problem before and the rest of the essay is not a concern. Has anyone been through a similar situation and able to offer some advice on what happened?

See your student advisor and rules on plagiarism.
Poor referencing will still fall foul, but taken less seriously. It all depends on your individual case. If you are guilty then id expect a warning.
I have done and they’re basically saying that if the investigator doesn’t agree with the points I’m making (bad scholarship rather than deliberate plagiarism) then for my year group it would be an automatic fail of the module. The allegation is referring to a specific section in the essay only and looking back I will admit it is badly referenced as the source is acknowledged just not overly acknowledged which goes against the definition they provide that plagiarism is when you have unacknowledged online sources but still used them in your work.

Do you not know anyone that has experienced a plagiarism problem before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending