The Student Room Group

Can I still get good grades?

With just 2 months to go until my GCSE exams, it has suddenly dawned upon me that perhaps I should do some revision. I have gotten myself a little worked up because I've done absolutely no revision yet. I would am hoping to go to sixth form to study phycology,business and english language. In my mocks in November, i didn't do amazing but it's a solid base to work on (i got all 4's and 5's - equivalent to a c with no revision), however i would like to get at least all 6's (equivalent to b's or above). So I guess what I'm really asking is: is it realistically achievable and what are some tips to maximize the effectiveness of my revision over the next two months? Thanks in advance.
Yes- I think it is certainly achievable. Provided you are able to balance your time: judge each of your subjects- which requires the most priority? Are you particularly weak at any subjects. If so, provide yourself with a little extra time to focus on that subject. In terms of how to revise- I would advise you to go over all of the content in your revision guides. Try and take as much as possible in, whether this be through mind maps etc. If you want some time off you can even just read through the revision guide or watch a YouTube video about the subject. So long as it is in your mind, it is better than not revising at all! Once you are more confident with the content move on to past papers- this will allow you to reconsolidate your knowledge and help you to improve your recall ability.

Good luck for your exams😀
bro ur fine its gcses. you still have time to get 8s and 9s if u want. just revise quickly and do each paper u can get ur hands on for ur subject. it doesnt matter if its the old spec, do them all. exam technique is a MASSIVE contributor to perfect grades, even larger than actually knowing the content. youve got this. aim high!

Quick Reply

Latest