The Student Room Group

AQA AS Mathematics (Old Spec) - Statistics 1 MS1B - 06 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by £Tom
Did anyone fully understand the last question on conditional probability, something about P(U|T')=0.48 ? I got T' as 0.1152 but not convinced I did it right

Yeah. All you had to do the first one was do the probablility of all of them going which was 0.96x0.88x0.74 (I think those were the numbers) then times that by the probability of U going given that T goes (can’t remmeber value but it was the one on the left). I thought this probability question was a lot kinder than last years.
Original post by Jdot18
S11 =Approx 0.16
Sum all residuals = 0

That’s the one. Not 1.6😂 Because you got like -(whatever that number was can’t remember)+0.09 then add whatever to that to get 0?
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Confidence interval values?

I think (1065,1085). No reason to doubt claim as 1072 millilitres lies within this range.
Original post by Jjohnson919
I think (1065,1085). No reason to doubt claim as 1072 millilitres lies within this range.

Yes got something like that 👍👍
Reply 84
Anybody looking to get a MS on the go??

I got like 250 or something for n I think :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by Jdot18
U did not effect T so p of T' was 1-p(T)

How did you work out P(T) when P(U|T)=0.96
Original post by £Tom
How did you work out P(T) when P(U|T)=0.96

Because the other probability was P(U/T’). Meaning that U goes given that T doesn’t go. The question asked the probability of all of them not going. So to find the probability of U NOT going given that T goes is 1-0.48=0.52.
wtf lol got w=6.06=6?
What did everyone answer for why a least squares regression line wasn’t suitable for x on y?
What did everyone answer on the second question where you had to estimate what the coefficients were (especially interested in B!). Cheers
do you think grade boundaries will be lower
Reply 90
What did everyone answer for why a least squares regression line wasn’t suitable for x on y?
What did everyone answer on the second question where you had to estimate what the coefficients were (especially interested in B!). Cheers

Y is response variable dependant on x,
0 as its not linear
Original post by Jdot18
Y is response variable dependant on x,
0 as its not linear

Get in. I basically said because if it was true it would mean that x was the response variable. Basically the same thing right?
And yeah I got exactly -0.8 and 0 too!
Original post by elizabrown
do you think grade boundaries will be lower

Ever so slightly. Maybe 59/60 for an A. Last year was big standard statistics. This year there were many things I think many people wouldn’t of got ie - sum of residuals = 0, N and W questions, binomial distribution conditions etc.
Reply 93

I said because it would give a perfect correlation (+1) which wouldn't be true but idk just a guess.
Other bit I put +0.7 and 0
Reply 94
Get in. I basically said because if it was true it would mean that x was the response variable. Basically the same thing right?
And yeah I got exactly -0.8 and 0 too!

Yea, what did you get for n and w?
Least squares regression line question.
The last part:
Extrapolation
For the numerical reason did you just put the numbers (150 and 200) into your regression line equation?
Wasn’t too sure on explaining why they weren’t suitable.
Who got 70 for N?

One of my normal distribution answers I can remember
Original post by Jdot18
Yea, what did you get for n and w?

Didn’t get either lol. I came back to the N question at the end and got phi of Z and formed the equations but ran out of time. W question I found phi of Z and formed it in a normal distrubution. You think I’ll get 1 method mark for W question for finding phi of Z and 2 method marks for N question for finding phi of Z and forming equations with 1080 and 1060?
Original post by MajorFader
Who got 70 for N?

One of my normal distribution answers I can remember

Yeah remmeber 0.8851.
Yeah remmeber 0.8851.

What did you get for n?

It was a slightly harder paper than last year I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending