The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 04 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KR_Lucas
Yeah man.
The Acrobat one.
I used 3.3.. something for the radius and 5.2 for period and kept getting 4.09... which is totally far away from 4.5. I ended up using 4.5 for the next part.
Wasted more than 10 minutes on that one cause I thought I was completely wrong.

You needed to use tan instead of sin to get an answer closer to 4.5
So I did relatively, I didn’t manage my time well so I missed out on multiple choice questions, I didn’t even get to randomly tick all of them. I’m so upset. What grade do you reckon 20-30/85 will get me on paper 1? If so what do I need to get in paper 2 and paper 3 engineering to get a B overall. I need help, I’m so upset about this.
Original post by MBK14
Anyone else get 390Hz for the new higher frequency?

i got 900 how the
lol i’ve ****ed this paper right up havent i
Original post by Navid93200
So I did relatively, I didn’t manage my time well so I missed out on multiple choice questions, I didn’t even get to randomly tick all of them. I’m so upset. What grade do you reckon 20-30/85 will get me on paper 1? If so what do I need to get in paper 2 and paper 3 engineering to get a B overall. I need help, I’m so upset about this.

The grade boundaries will be similar if not worse than last year which was like 49% for a b
Reply 385
Did everyone work out the gradient for the first question and use f=ma?

Same but I got to tick random onea even though i knew i could do them just didnt have the time but judging by peoples reaction it'll probable be like a D or a C and an A like in the 50s

You'll be fine mate, this is my resit year and I've ****ed it up by not turning up. Not the end of the world, just try your best and that's all anyone can ask for.
Original post by TatianaGrace00
I did exactly the same, I don’t get where went wrong?

Just figured out that I should've used tan instead of sine because 5m was the vertical distance. Surprised I even got the most basic one wrong. Praying that the grade boundary is similar to last years :c
Original post by Protostar
i got 900 how the

I got somewhere around that!
Original post by jawaad
Did everyone work out the gradient for the first question and use f=ma?

I did - took me ages to work out what to do
I wasted my time learning particle physics, that felt like such an olympiad paper😭anyone else run out of time?
lol i’ve ****ed this paper right up havent i

Try to stop thinking about it, nothing you can do now =(. Focus on revising for Paper 2 and 3 and you'll be fine =).
i got 900 how the

I think it was like 440 but dont take my word for it
Original post by Black-Photon
I got somewhere around that!

you did??? mine came out as 899.something?
100 overall on 3 papers what we saying? D? C? That's my ****ing target i don't give a shite.
Original post by Ceramic
How were you meant to do it? I did it but I don't think I was right.
They wanted a 5V output so I thought the resistance in parallel with R must be 5/9 of the total resistance, so I worked out the total resistance of the resistors in series should be around 562.5Ohms. Then I got a resistance for R around 360Ohms?

I got the total resistance as 562.5 too. Don't remember the rest though.
Original post by Ceramic
Try to stop thinking about it, nothing you can do now =(. Focus on revising for Paper 2 and 3 and you'll be fine =).

yeah i know, just not ideal that’s all
you did??? mine came out as 899.something?

Yeah that sounds familiar. At least if you did it wrong we both did it wrong.
Original post by Black-Photon
Yeah that sounds familiar. At least if you did it wrong we both did it wrong.

:lol: true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending