Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeoS
before results day preferably

Original post by TeoS
before results day preferably

We should get a big group then to come.
Reply 501
Original post by TeoS
anyone wanna come to Switzerland with me, cheapest flight i can find is £30. hmu:bong::cry2:

Can't tell if you're being serious
Reply 502
Original post by G.Y
Can't tell if you're being serious

the joke is in switzerland you can be euthanasised
Reply 503
Original post by TeoS
the joke is in switzerland you can be euthanasised

Ohh loool I didn't get it at all at first
Original post by TeoS
anyone wanna come to Switzerland with me, cheapest flight i can find is £30. hmu:bong::cry2:

Migrating is the only thing on my mind. Time to live the simple farmer life or something
Reply 505
Original post by I'msoPi
Migrating is the only thing on my mind. Time to live the simple farmer life or something

take out half the universe then go live on a farm?
Original post by TeoS
take out half the universe then go live on a farm?

So depressed don't even think I could work on the farm. Need to find a ditch somewhere :sad:
Here is a link to some resources for Physics I have:

New specification:

AS Second specimen papers

A2 Second specimen papers (only with 3BA - Astrophysics and 3BC - Engineering Physics, sorry :frown: I'll try and find the others)

May 2018 AS papers with unofficial mark scheme (which could have mistakes in and not give all possible answers)

Paper 3 practice practical questions

Old specification:

2017 papers (excluding units 3 and 6, and only with unit 5BA - Astrophysics, sorry :frown: Again, I'll try and find the others)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZE_KEHL_JjxewD1nT9HQMRpccyQ_dOQr
Original post by JackTMSR
All the different combinations of ways you can cascade down eh drop all the way down, drop one level, drop to the bottom after dropping one level etc. Think it was 7?

It was 3 because the electron didn’t have enough energy to reach the top two energy levels I think...?
Isn't the value of the force in the first question wrong? And also the value of the force in the MCQ, i'm sure I did it an another way because i'm quite sure about my answer, although I could've done it wrong, lol
a capacitor of capacitance c has a charge of q stored on the plates. the pd between the plates is doubled. what is the change in energy stored by the capacitor?

Options: (0.5Q^2/C ; Q^2/C ; 1.5Q^2/C ; 2Q^2/C)

So when the pd is doubled, how do we know whether Q or C stay constant?

I know that if a particular dielectric is removed, leaving the plates separated only by air, therefore reducing permittivity, charge stays constant, pd increases.

But if pd is doubled, then what happens? does capacitance decreases and charge stays the same or charge increases but capacitance stays the same?
Original post by examjam
a capacitor of capacitance c has a charge of q stored on the plates. the pd between the plates is doubled. what is the change in energy stored by the capacitor?

Options: (0.5Q^2/C ; Q^2/C ; 1.5Q^2/C ; 2Q^2/C)

So when the pd is doubled, how do we know whether Q or C stay constant?

I know that if a particular dielectric is removed, leaving the plates separated only by air, therefore reducing permittivity, charge stays constant, pd increases.

But if pd is doubled, then what happens? does capacitance decreases and charge stays the same or charge increases but capacitance stays the same?

Capacitance stays constant. There are three ways you can look at it:

1) The definition for capacitance is “charge per unit PD between the plates” and from this you can deduce that if the PD changes then the charge will also change (so the capacitance will stay constant).

2) The equation for capacitance is
C = (A * E_0 * E_r) / d
where A is the intersecting area of the plates, E_0 is the permittivity of free space, E_r is the relative permittivity of the dielectric and d is the distance between the plates.
This is on the formula sheet.
The formula does not have a Q (charge) or V (PD) term in it so you can deduce that capacitance is independent of charge or PD.

3) Capacitors in the real world have a number of Farrads printed on the side of them. This is the capacitance of the capacitor. The number is a constant, for example you might have a “4700 micro Farad capacitor”. The PD across the plates or the charge could change but at the end of the day you still have a 4700 micro Farad capacitor.
(edited 5 years ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkY3OFIOnyA
New Hitler reacts video for this :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending