Save my exams or physics and maths tutor ? Watch

DoctorAngel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is getting save my exams subscription worth it? Aren’t they the same as physics and maths tutor e.g. same questions but PMT is free?

tomcamb123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DoctorAngel)
Is getting save my exams subscription worth it? Aren’t they the same as physics and maths tutor e.g. same questions but PMT is free?
It basically organises exam questions into topics and gives you loads of past papers and mark schemes. I think its worth it if your subjects are on there and definitely cheaper than a tutor
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
PMT is the best , hand down
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can have access to Save my exams questions without buying it
Hammad(214508)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
and PMT is really good
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to Revision and study tips
Presto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RickstaKirby23)
No.
You do not need to pay. Here are instructions to access the range of mark schemes, for free. Firstly find the paper you want your mark scheme for. Next, download a copy of it. Afterwards, turn on flight mode and try to download the same file. When doing this, you file will not load and you will have a URL in your address bar. At the end of the url, it should say qp. Change qp to ms (for mark schemes), then turn off flight mode, wait for your PC to load, and voila! Free mark schemes downloaded! Hope his helps, RickstaKirby23
You absolute legend!!! I needed this, thank you so so sooo much
Hammad(214508)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Presto)
in the link change qp to ms , after opening a question paper. For some you need to add or remove underscores
Presto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hammad(214508))
in the link change qp to ms , after opening a question paper. For some you need to add or remove underscores
Yes got it, thanks
RickstaKirby23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Presto)
Happy to be of help! I've been doing it for two years
clouddbubbles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sort of, i use save my exams papers and then find the mark schemes online instead of paying for it though

essentially if you manipulate the system, you don’t need to pay for save my exams - you can just do the questions

i use both, for free!
kb_123xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can have access to Save my exams questions without buying it
nah only the first few then u have to pay for answers for the rest
GalGirl101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
You do not need to pay. Here are instructions to access the range of mark schemes, for free. Firstly find the paper you want your mark scheme for. Next, download a copy of it. Afterwards, turn on flight mode and try to download the same file. When doing this, you file will not load and you will have a URL in your address bar. At the end of the url, it should say qp. Change qp to ms (for mark schemes), then turn off flight mode, wait for your PC to load, and voila! Free mark schemes downloaded! Hope his helps, RickstaKirby23
Where the **** was this tip when I was doing my A-Levels?!?!?
RickstaKirby23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GalGirl101)
Where the **** was this tip when I was doing my A-Levels?!?!?
Ah right. Apologies. How were your A-levels anyways? I've just joined TSR so...

All my main friends at school know this trick from me
GalGirl101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah right. Apologies. How were your A-levels anyways? I've just joined TSR so...

All my main friends at school know this trick from me
Really mehhhh (lower than the TSR standard) but that's my fault anyways I left revision way too late. But it got me into my firm so

Really could have used that during my A-Levels but since I'm doing a foundation year the maths will definitely come in handy
RickstaKirby23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Problem is to get the link, you need to copy it. On most browsers, the webpage is protected meaning you can't copy the link. But if it opens the document on the PDF web client, you can easily change the link as you mentioned.
thotproduct
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
physicsandmathstutor is the all-round GOAT.

What's not more to like, you can do past questions by topic, specifically for a section you may be struggling with, the questioning style is repetitive but when it's literally the same topic what do you expect, you can literally get all the markschemes along with it so you're not left scrambling for one. You have as many past papers as you can ask for and even admissions tests like STEP, etc, all with a simple format. So it means with like 2 weeks to the exam you can just mill through papers lmao.
RickstaKirby23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GalGirl101)
Really mehhhh (lower than the TSR standard) but that's my fault anyways I left revision way too late. But it got me into my firm so

Really could have used that during my A-Levels but since I'm doing a foundation year the maths will definitely come in handy
No worries, there are always opportunities to do well in the future; don't give up. The examinations do not determine your skills and attributes.
RickstaKirby23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thotproduct)
physicsandmathstutor is the all-round GOAT.

What's not more to like, you can do past questions by topic, specifically for a section you may be struggling with, the questioning style is repetitive but when it's literally the same topic what do you expect, you can literally get all the markschemes along with it so you're not left scrambling for one. You have as many past papers as you can ask for and even admissions tests like STEP, etc, all with a simple format. So it means with like 2 weeks to the exam you can just mill through papers lmao.
Save My Exams also provides guidance on grade boundaries, as well as a cover in front of your paper, so you can easily organise them.
Presto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
sort of, i use save my exams papers and then find the mark schemes online instead of paying for it though

essentially if you manipulate the system, you don’t need to pay for save my exams - you can just do the questions

i use both, for free!
No.

I'm trying to access the mark scheme of https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/upload...physics-qp.pdf
but nothing's working
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
69.46%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
19.76%
Yes but I might change my mind (18)
10.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed