The Student Room Group

Psychology Revison

Hi, i'm currently studying Psychology at A level and recently finished learning all of the topics. When revising i use flashcards but they don't seem to help me fully understand all of the theories, research and evaluation. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how i could successfully revise? Thanks
Reply 1
There are a couple of approaches you can take to this:
1) Key study open box diagrams. This is basically where you make a tablaux of your key studies like Milgram or Asche. This is just a cardboard box with one side cut out and you try and sum up the scene. This is a more arty method and one to do if you have the time.
2) Practice questions. One of the things my teacher is always shouting about is using past paper questions to work on your exam technique. There is nothing more frustrating than getting no marks on something where you know the answer but just haven't wrote it properly.
3) Cornell notes. Try condensing your notes down from the booklets/ textbook into the cornell format.
Original post by THS2018
There are a couple of approaches you can take to this:
1) Key study open box diagrams. This is basically where you make a tablaux of your key studies like Milgram or Asche. This is just a cardboard box with one side cut out and you try and sum up the scene. This is a more arty method and one to do if you have the time.
2) Practice questions. One of the things my teacher is always shouting about is using past paper questions to work on your exam technique. There is nothing more frustrating than getting no marks on something where you know the answer but just haven't wrote it properly.
3) Cornell notes. Try condensing your notes down from the booklets/ textbook into the cornell format.

Thank you. I've never been a fan of doing practice questions but i think that they would really help. I will defiantly try these methods in my revision
I definitely recommend doing past papers, it helps you practice writing in the correct structure and also helps you see what you don't know so that you can go back over the topic.
Original post by tillycobley
I definitely recommend doing past papers, it helps you practice writing in the correct structure and also helps you see what you don't know so that you can go back over the topic.

Okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest