The Student Room Group

Man found guilty of being "grossly offensive" after teaching pet dog to heil Hitler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chazwomaq
He posted the video on youtube for all to see. He was "exposed" already.

Throw the Monty Python boys in jail while you're at it.

tbh they were never all that funny. especially that tall one.

smh
Reply 61
Original post by Axiomasher
But take away the cute dog, which has no idea what is going on, then all you have is a guy more-or-less chanting "Gas the Jews" in a public place.

Yes if you take away context it looks worse, if someone breaks into my house and poses a threat to my life and I punch him and he dies that looks completely different to just saying I punched someone and they died.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Or "mein gott"?

was gonna say that but it's too inappropriate for me :colondollar:
Going to clear a few things up:
Markus is an edgy shitposter, but he's not alt right and there was no harmful intent in his video. It was a meme meant for his gf and his friends, that's it.

He's not far right, he's a Scottish nationalist but that's 'limit immigration and encourage Scottish business' not 'give whities more righties' ethno-nationalism, he doesn't care about your race, sexuality, ethnicity, etc etc. In fact he has multiple Jews, Arabs, gays and trans mods in his discord and online/irl friends, I've yet to hear how they've been mistreated by him.

He's talked with a lot of right wingers, because they were willing to talk to him, but he's talked to many left wingers as well. Only reason you don't hear about his chats with left wingers is that the big ones refuse to talk to him. He's been called a commie and a cuck by the far righters on multiple occasions, because he doesn't agree with their s***.
He also used to be a commie when he was younger, got a soviet star and hammer sickle tattoo still, and he still has commies in his family and friendship circles.

In the video him saying "gas the jews" was done to show that Buddha was getting excited, to the same level as asking it if he wanted dinner or a walk, over something as terrible as the holocaust.
The joke was: look how excited my dog is about such an atrocity, he's a f******* nazi pug. It wouldn't have been funny or even a joke if he thought it was a good thing to be a nazi.
It's fine to say you didn't like the joke or you found it offensive, but it shouldn't be a crime to make an edgy joke - of which in context is meant to mock the nazis not support them.

From what I remember from one of his youtube streams, his channel's original subs were mostly his irl and online friends, he had no intention of having an edgy shitpost/in joke be seen by so many people without them knowing him personally. So no, there was no dog whistling (no pun intended) or recruiting going on, it was literally an offensive joke that got out of hand.
Original post by nulli tertius
The sheriff (judge) expressly found that this was not the case.

But that's his own fault for posting it on the internet because it was an obscene and inappropriate joke that should have stayed between him and his girlfriend.
Original post by Know Your Enemy
Apparently, he mentioned that he didn't actually support the Nazis or anything though (just paraphrasing something from Tosspot's reply). He probably posted it online because he knew there would be people out there with an actual sense of humour...unfortunately, he forgot there are people out there who find everything offensive.

Of all the things to get convicted for. If he supported Hitler then it would be different, but I think it's a tad extreme for him to get convicted over a joke.

But saying he doesn't support Nazis does not make the joke any less offensive. It's just not something that should be done.
Original post by Fran2311
But saying he doesn't support Nazis does not make the joke any less offensive. It's just not something that should be done.

oh please Fran, take the rod out of your arse now...thanks
Original post by So-Sarah
oh please Fran, take the rod out of your arse now...thanks

And yet here we are having an argument about the freedom of speech and I'm being told my opinions are incorrect? Grow up and please don't speak to me in a condescending manner. It makes you look obnoxious. 🙂
Zieg Heiil!
Zieg Heiil!

Oh please, "take the rod out of your arse" and grow up.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
No it isn't. There's no law against holocaust denial in the UK. There is in Germany, Austria and other countries that hosted it under the Nazis, almost like they don't want to make light of the atrocities committed by their very recent ancestors...

exactly, no crime done here -in fact it's the supine liberal left of the UK thare secretly encouraging the far-right here with their treacherous ways
Given the obvious context of the video:

It is clear he isn't actually a Nazi.
It is clear he is not seriously trying to promote Nazism.
It is clear he is not a danger to society.
It is highly unlikely that anybody was harmed by this video.

Yet he was still arrested, tried and convicted. Goes to show how messed up the UK's speech laws are.
Reply 73
Original post by Fran2311

A joke being offensive isn’t an offence under the law.
exactly, no crime done here -in fact it's the supine liberal left of the UK thare secretly encouraging the far-right here with their treacherous ways - good on the dog I say!

You realise the dog didn't do anything. It got excited because it's a ****ing pug, I've seen one of those things go mental at a wheely-bin opening before. But, taken in context with the previous post I'm guessing you're some sort of nazi-sympathist? If so, I'd suggest learning a bit about history :yy:
Stupid person gets stupid punishment.

Doesn't seem the worst idea in the world.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
No it isn't. There's no law against holocaust denial in the UK. There is in Germany, Austria and other countries that hosted it under the Nazis, almost like they don't want to make light of the atrocities committed by their very recent ancestors...

Except for Poland, where holocaust denial is partially enshrined in law.

It is now illegal to suggest Poland had anything to do with death camps in Poland. No Polish antisemitism, no Poles selling out jews, a whitewash of history.
Original post by Axiomasher
But take away the cute dog, which has no idea what is going on, then all you have is a guy more-or-less chanting "Gas the Jews" in a public place.

That's right. Take away the context of offensive jokes, and they sound offensive. Well done.

Also, a 'public place' being his own home? Or do you mean the webpage, entitled 'M8 yer dogs a nazi', which kind of gives a warning not to view it if you are a jew?
Meanwhile in Telford.....
Original post by AngeryPenguin
That's right. Take away the context of offensive jokes, and they sound offensive. Well done.

Also, a 'public place' being his own home? Or do you mean the webpage, entitled 'M8 yer dogs a nazi', which kind of gives a warning not to view it if you are a jew?

It doesn't really matter whether something is presented as if a joke, you don't just get away with racism by using that tactic, or at least you shouldn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending