The Student Room Group

Best way to revise the harder questions on Theory?

I've failed twice now and it is always by about 2 or 3 points on the multiple-choice. Does anyone know where the best place is to revise the questions where all of the answers are technically right but they are looking for one in particular.

For example, a question I got stuck on was: What is the MAIN consequence of a roof rack. All but one of the answers were technically consequences but I picked the wrong one.

My test is tommorow and I don't think failing again is even an option for me.
Original post by 1407
I've failed twice now and it is always by about 2 or 3 points on the multiple-choice. Does anyone know where the best place is to revise the questions where all of the answers are technically right but they are looking for one in particular.

For example, a question I got stuck on was: What is the MAIN consequence of a roof rack. All but one of the answers were technically consequences but I picked the wrong one.

Sorry you didn't get any replies! How did you get on? :smile:
On the assumption you failed again:

Look at your result sheet, it tells you the categories that you got incorrect answers in. I used the official DVSA DVD to revise from which included multiple choice revision topics and mock tests (as well as the hazard perception part) and passed first time.

Think you can buy them for around £20.
Download the official app.

Give yourself 2 weeks.

Practice them over and over and over and over!
Test yourself everyday day!
A test is like 10-5mins so you can easily squeeze in 8 practice tests a day or even more if you're dedicated. Can do this on the bus, on the toilet, chilling.
The theory is more 85% memory/common sense and 15% knowing the slight difference between the answers.

That's it. Practice the questions and test until you getting over 90% consistently.

That's what I did and passed first time. easy. GOOD LUCK
Original post by 1407

You've probably done your test now, but what I found really helped me was when I used the DVSA app and I'd get a question wrong, I'd screenshot it. I kept a folder of all of them and whenever I got a chance I'd flick through it, so it burned it into my brain what the right answer was. I had 2 questions on my actual theory that I had screenshot previously and it was a lovely little aha moment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending