The Student Room Group

Do you remove your shoes when you enter your house?

My friend from US just walk into my house without removing his shoes..... and he refuses to do so even when i tell him to.
Reply 1
Depends on the weather, really.

With that said, I don't particularly like wearing shoes to begin with, so I'm most often barefoot at home.
Reply 2
Yes.
Original post by HucktheForde
My friend from US just walk into my house without removing his shoes..... and he refuses to do so even when i tell him to.

Then he is an uncivilised peasant and should not be allowed to enter.
yes, of course.

My mum would be shooketh if she caught me walking in the home with shoes.
Reply 5
I'm not bothered, if you do, cool and if you don't, cool

As long as your feet don't stink and your shoes aren't dirty :grumble:
He must be what Americans call a "Hillbilly".
Yes!! Unless I've just put my shoes on to leave and then realised I've forgotten something, then I'll tip toe/run through the house to get it. My mum still isn't happy about that though :lol:
Original post by Good bloke
Then he is an uncivilised peasant and should not be allowed to enter.

What, the house or the country?
Original post by Andrew97
What, the house or the country?

The house, certainly, the country, possibly.

I would be disappointed if any visitor to my home did not offer to remove outdoor shoes before proceeding out of the porch and necessitate me having to ask them, and I always do so myself when visiting someone else. To refuse a reasonable request to remove them is definitely uncivilised.
i live in Malaysia, everyone takes their shoes off.
I take them off when im in my room but not at the door
If I didn't then my mother would take my shoes off and whack me with them.
Yeah, I typically do. I wear slippers which are more comfy than outdoor shoes. If I'm getting ready around the house and I've put my shoes on, I won't take them off just to go upstairs and get something. When I go to visit my boyfriend in America nobody takes their shoes off. He even puts his shoes up on the bed and the sofa. I can't stand that.

Quick Reply

Latest