The Student Room Group

Rejecting Firm to enter clearing

I've changed my mind and don't want to go to my Firm - I think there's some better options in clearing. Can I reject my firm now, and enter clearing, or will I have to wait until results day to do so?
Original post by AnotherStudent!
I've changed my mind and don't want to go to my Firm - I think there's some better options in clearing. Can I reject my firm now, and enter clearing, or will I have to wait until results day to do so?

I think you can release now clearing opens on the 5th outmost places declare on results day.
Original post by jonathanemptage
I think you can release now clearing opens on the 5th outmost places declare on results day.

Ah thank you, don't know why but I thought that clearing was open already lol.
You probably won’t be able to change your replies via Hub (unless you made them recently) but if you contact UCAS they should be okay to do it.
Original post by Admit-One
You probably won’t be able to change your replies via Hub (unless you made them recently) but if you contact UCAS they should be okay to do it.

Thank you.

Do you know if I'd be able to enter Extra if I withdraw through UCAS(I couldn't do it through Hub, so glad to know I can), or should I just wait for clearing?
Thank you.

Do you know if I'd be able to enter Extra if I withdraw through UCAS(I couldn't do it through Hub, so glad to know I can), or should I just wait for clearing?

If you Decline your choices then you should be eligible to use use Extra until Jul 6th.

Don’t tell UCAS that you want to withdraw, that would typically mean removing yourself from the whole application cycle. Ask to change your replies to Declines and make sure they know you want to use Extra.
If you Decline your choices then you should be eligible to use use Extra until Jul 6th.

Don’t tell UCAS that you want to withdraw, that would typically mean removing yourself from the whole application cycle. Ask to change your replies to Declines and make sure they know you want to use Extra.

Thank you for your help!
Sorry, silly question. I was just on the phone and 1 of my Unis hadn't given UCAS permission to let me be released. Do I contact the uni for permission or will UCAS do that automatically? Don't want to look silly sending them an email/look impatient when it's not actually needed.
Sorry, silly question. I was just on the phone and 1 of my Unis hadn't given UCAS permission to let me be released. Do I contact the uni for permission or will UCAS do that automatically? Don't want to look silly sending them an email/look impatient when it's not actually needed.

You’ll need to ask the uni directly if they haven’t given blanket permission for changes to UCAS. Phoning will be quickest.
You’ll need to ask the uni directly if they haven’t given blanket permission for changes to UCAS. Phoning will be quickest.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending