The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I know that but people still get into medicine with subjects such as:
Chemistry, biology, history and english
Don't they? It's not required everywhere to have physics/maths and biology. So I don't see how they can really take preference if it's not a requirement, that would be unfair wouldn't it... :s-smilie:
Reply 61
My friend got into Medicine with Chem, Bio and Home Economics A2 and Geography AS. You'd definitely be fine as long as you have Chem and Bio and no "soft" subjects. Physics, Psychology and English are far from "soft" so you should be fine! :biggrin:
Reply 62
English Lit definitely. Psychology is, I think, considered as a bit of a "fluffy" subject by some universities, not that it is, but it's just not as old or traditional as others, therefore not as well respected.
Reply 63
sozzberry
English Lit definitely. Psychology is, I think, considered as a bit of a "fluffy" subject by some universities, not that it is, but it's just not as old or traditional as others, therefore not as well respected.

thank you, good luck getting into medicine!!!!!! I envy you for being closer than me to uni lol :smile:
Angelil
Either of those would be fine, but if I were a university admissions tutor I'd be asking myself why you're not taking maths.

You can do medicine without it (most unis don't name it as a specific requirement) but the fact is that most medics around you will have taken maths and you don't want to struggle alongside them.

this isn't true by any stretch. hardly anyone here has maths. i wouldn't stress about it. either of your subjects is fine.
Reply 65
I think English Literature is the best idea (not just because I love it). It shows that you are versatile and able to do arts and sciences. Which is a great thing!
Reply 66
bright star
this isn't true by any stretch. hardly anyone here has maths. i wouldn't stress about it. either of your subjects is fine.

Only going by what my sister has told me (medic at Cardiff).
Reply 67
I know someone who took Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and English at AS and has an offer for Medicine from Oxford, so I presume they must be okay.
Either. Do the one you enjoy the most and know you can get good A or B in (A preferred)

Latest

Trending

Trending