The Student Room Group

How much revision shall I do a day?? help please

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joshscott17
I am going to really knuckle down now as we have two weeks off. Just wondering how many hours of revision a day do you guys do? Need some motivation from other people working hard tbh. Thanks!

bump
Original post by harrydibden
bro chill, gcses are not very important and i wouldnt waste time revising. i revised like 2 hours the night before each exam for the 2 weeks and i passed all my gcses apart from art which i pissed around in all year. basicly, gcses are just a key to the door to a levels and a grade c or level 5 will get you thru the door.

Hhahahahaha...

It'll get you 'through the door' and then you won't be able to get through the door to uni if you wanna apply for courses such as Medicine...highly subjective!
You don't need to do a ton of revision a night, i didn't get lower than a C and didn't revise until the night of my first exam. Do like 1/2 hours, 3 max. All these guys saying they do 6 a night is lying, it's impossible to do constant revision for 6 hours, it's more like 2 hours of actual revision, and loads of doing nothing. Don't worry about it.
Original post by joshscott17
I am going to really knuckle down now as we have two weeks off. Just wondering how many hours of revision a day do you guys do? Need some motivation from other people working hard tbh. Thanks!

it’s not about how much revision you do, it’s about your the quality of your revision. id rather do 2 hours of quality revision that actually goes in rather than 9 “hours” of revision
I do about 8hours a day
Original post by sxhxl
I do about 8hours a day

is it effective tho?
Original post by lydiarutharnold
is it effective tho?

Yes because I’ve planned every single day until exams finish and right now during Easter I’m going through all my notes and the content so when school starts I can just do past papers :smile:
Original post by sxhxl
Yes because I’ve planned every single day until exams finish and right now during Easter I’m going through all my notes and the content so when school starts I can just do past papers :smile:

Okay, make sure you don’t burn out though :smile:
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Hhahahahaha...

It'll get you 'through the door' and then you won't be able to get through the door to uni if you wanna apply for courses such as Medicine...highly subjective!

if you got 3 a stars at alevel im sure any uni will accept you for any course as long as you have some in tesest and experience, gcses are only really relevant to access better sixth forms and colleges imo

Quick Reply

Latest