The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

What are the people like?

what are ppl like at st Andrews? everyone is telling me when I go there they'll be snobby and stuck up, so I want to know ...
Original post by grtstshwmn
what are ppl like at st Andrews? everyone is telling me when I go there they'll be snobby and stuck up, so I want to know ...

It's just like any other university; there are people of all sorts. St Andrews is very international, so you'll meet tons of new people with different life experiences, hobbies, and attitudes. There are always going to be snobby, stuck up people wherever you go, but it's no worse at St Andrews than it would be at Durham or Exeter or Warwick or Oxbridge.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by SaintsGrad
It's just like any other university; there are people of all sorts. St Andrews is very international, so you'll meet tons of new people with different life experiences, hobbies, and attitudes. There are always going to be snobby, stuck up people wherever you go, but it's no worse at St Andrews than it would be at Durham or Exeter or Warwick or Oxbridge.

You might want to start replacing Exeter in that generic answer.....

Exeter is horrible.
Original post by Realitysreflexx

Exeter is horrible.

I quite liked Exeter! I didn't find it any snobbier than anywhere else. It was far worse at Merton in Oxford.

Exeter is horrible.

No, no it's not. Not anymore than any other "posh" uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I quite liked Exeter! I didn't find it any snobbier than anywhere else. It was far worse at Merton in Oxford.

at oxford you may have just felt out of place because you dont attend oxford, i mean who wouldnt....

i spent the first month of my undergrad baffling at the fact i actually attend nottingham.

no comparison obviously, but that was a shock to me so i can only imagine i would need a year to realize i attend oxford before i felt like yeah hey i definitely fit in and go to oxford lol.

And Exeter is consistenly in the press for blatant racism. And not drunken nights out students, but literally in the legal society in the most hedious of ways, they even coaxed people into turning on their own race to fit in to their racist agenda which is frankly shocking.
(edited 6 years ago)
at oxford you may have just felt out of place because you dont attend oxford, i mean who wouldnt....

I didn't say I felt out of place. I said I found it "snobby" (Icy may be a better word). And that was just Merton, the other colleges I visited were fine.

That's entirely tangential though. To continue my answer to OP, every university will have some snobs, but the majority of people are great.
I didn't say I felt out of place. I said I found it "snobby" (Icy may be a better word). And that was just Merton, the other colleges I visited were fine.

That's entirely tangential though. To continue my answer to OP, every university will have some snobs, but the majority of people are great.

My brief tangent aside.

Still I would advise you not to advise people on the atmosphere of universities when using the example of Exeter, if someone googles that name first, they may be gravely shocked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending