The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer / Assistant 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by BigASPL
Quite possibly, yeah - my starting date is 1st week in November but don’t yet know my training dates/location

I have an induction week at the base first then Manchester from 19th. Let me know when you find out mate
Hi all, I had my provisional offer (28th Sept) but have heard nothing else since then.
Do they send the forms via email as I am worried it may have gone in the junk box and I have missed it, or do I just be patient and wait?
I applied for Folkestone.
Will do 👍
Original post by twunt
I have an induction week at the base first then Manchester from 19th. Let me know when you find out mate

Just out of interest when was your interview date and job offer? im still waiting for an interview date after they contacted me 5th October to see if im still interested, trying to gauge time lines if I'm sucessfull at the Interview thanks
Reply 2284
Original post by Boltonboy
Just out of interest when was your interview date and job offer? im still waiting for an interview date after they contacted me 5th October to see if im still interested, trying to gauge time lines if I'm sucessfull at the Interview thanks

Interview 12th June, provisional offer 2nd July. This was internal by the way, still on the reserve list for external.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lizzylou71
Hi all, I had my provisional offer (28th Sept) but have heard nothing else since then.
Do they send the forms via email as I am worried it may have gone in the junk box and I have missed it, or do I just be patient and wait?

Hi I got my offer on 4th for Folkestone. I have t received anything. Rang capita and they said it could be weeks till forms
Hope all of you would agree that it will be quite helpful and probably save all of us time in asking the routine questions if we all stuck to a set format while putting posts...for example I have listed some questions as below:

Post apppied for:BFO
Application type: Internal
On waiting list: since 17 May 2018

And then whatever information you want to share to update us.
Original post by dho583
Hope all of you would agree that it will be quite helpful and probably save all of us time in asking the routine questions if we all stuck to a set format while putting posts...for example I have listed some questions as below:

Application type: External
Applied: 02/04/2018
Interview: 07/06/2018
Met Min Standard: 03/09/2018
Short Survery: 06/09/2018
Provisional offer: 25/09/2018

Nothing Since, Anyone in the same boat for Heathrow?
Original post by twunt
Interview 12th June, provisional offer 2nd July. This was internal by the way, still on the reserve list for external.

Thanks, if this is something to go by once i finally get an interview and hopefully offered a role I'm looking at another 5 mths min, unless things speed up in the next few weeks I've sent a chase e-mail about when the interviews will be arranged etc-
Anyone who had the email to see if you are still interested had an interview date through yet? Thanks
Original post by BigASPL
Will do 👍

Buddy do know how much we will get paid, I keep hearing all different sorts of wages. In the employment pack it says 26866 to 30895 with aha allowance between 15 to 30 percent
It will be really useful if any of you who have had provisional offers can mention AHW % as well with all the other information as all of us waiting don’t even know what we might be offered 😳 for different locations.

Btw for RTF roles it was around 48.89%
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by dho583
It will be really useful if any of you who have had provisional offers can mention AHW % as well with all the other information as all of us waiting don’t even know what we might be offered 😳 for different locations.

Btw for RTF roles it was around 48.89%

Provisional offers dont state the AHA.
When i asked at my location -static role Edinburgh (went in with Id for scanning after initial still interested email) i asked.
THe BF commander said it varies by shift pattern but around 36-39%

London would be higher given the premiums for that area
Post apppied for:BFAO

Applied: 08/04/2018

Interview: 24/06/2018

Met Min Standard: 10/09/2018

Short Survey: 14/09/2018

Provisional offer: 03/10/2018
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SayWhat!!
Original post by dho583

Applied: 02/04/2018
Interview: 07/06/2018
Met Min Standard: 03/09/2018
Short Survery: 06/09/2018
Provisional offer: 25/09/2018

Nothing Since, Anyone in the same boat for Heathrow?

Hi,
I'm in the same boat.
Got a provisional offer for Heathrow on 25/09/18 and was told GRS will be in touch for pre employment checks. I haven't heard anything since.
Original post by Amywhit
Anyone who had the email to see if you are still interested had an interview date through yet? Thanks

I got the email asking it I was still interested a couple of weeks ago and then yesterday received another email asking me to book my interview. Interview date options were for next week :smile:
Original post by Becky95w
I got the email asking it I was still interested a couple of weeks ago and then yesterday received another email asking me to book

my interview. Interview date options were for next week :smile:

Thanks for this. I did email yesterday so hopefully I will get something soon! Where did you apply for?
Original post by Amywhit
Thanks for this. I did email yesterday so hopefully I will get something soon! Where did you apply for?

Manchester

Also folkestone. My dates are similar to yours. I harass capita pretty much every day and they are now admitting that they will not be able to offer any suggestions on timescale but also will not provide contact details for GRS. So it's stand by to stand by..

As an external candidate have been advised by the central recruitment team forms will be sent by email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending