The Student Room Group

EEE to BBB - is it possible?

I got EEE in my a level mocks (bio, chem and maths) in early February and have my exams in late may/june. I've been revising since early march and have probably done around 10 hours on each subject. I am aiming for BBB and to be fair, I am somewhat clever - just lazy and prone to pressure. I'm still getting bad grades on practise papers I did recently (got a U on a C3 and C4 paper and a D on a mixed chem paper), so I wanted to know if I have hope i.e. anyone been in a similar position and how did they handle it? and is BBB realistically possible with say, 4 hours of revision a week for each subject?
Absolutely . Believe in yourself and you can do anything . It’s amazing what we can do when we don’t set limits to ourselves
Is this AS or A2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
Is this AS or A2

must be a2 if c3/c4 involved
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
must be a2 if c3/c4 involved

ah i don't do maths a-level so idk how it works
It's definitely possible, my friend went from EED to ABC, so fairly similar to what you're trying to do! :smile:
Perhaps UED is more realistic if you're still getting Us. Hope this helps!

Original post by LolIGotAU
I got EEE in my a level mocks (bio, chem and maths) in early February and have my exams in late may/june. I've been revising since early march and have probably done around 10 hours on each subject. I am aiming for BBB and to be fair, I am somewhat clever - just lazy and prone to pressure. I'm still getting bad grades on practise papers I did recently (got a U on a C3 and C4 paper and a D on a mixed chem paper), so I wanted to know if I have hope i.e. anyone been in a similar position and how did they handle it? and is BBB realistically possible with say, 4 hours of revision a week for each subject?
Depends on the effort you put in, you need to do lots of work, revision and practice to push up to a BBB. It's certainly not impossible.
The only way you can find out is if you put your nose to the grindstone and go for it - no point wasting time asking yourself if it's possible or not. (it is)
Reply 9
Original post by Tom Trybull
The only way you can find out is if you put your nose to the grindstone and go for it - no point wasting time asking yourself if it's possible or not. (it is)

So true, I have a bad habit of making these sort of pointless posts. The only way I'll know is by putting my head down and trying it for myself.
Reply 10
You're going to have to bust your balls, but if you work hard, you'll do it. Keep doing that revision.
Reply 11
Original post by LolIGotAU

Is that 10 hours, per subjectin the last month - so combined 30 hours altogtether for maths, chem bio? If so that means you've done 7.5 hours per week, meaning youve no more than an hour a day. BBB, is definitely possible, you just need to get into the flow of things and be doing minimum 3 hours a day - pushing yourself up to 28 hours per subject (in a month with 84 hours on all of them together) - instead of 30 hours on all of them together. I am in the same position as you bro, I got all EEE, and I know what is needed. So lets do this together man, the grind starts now.

Just imagine, after a month, you'll have done 84 hours of work rather than 30! and thats just 3 hours a day. Imagine if you did more than 3 hours, you'd be smashing these A - levels. Forget BBB, you can get higher.
As long as you go in with the right mind set and put the work in you'll do great :smile: Just make sure you know the basics for Biology and Chemistry since alot of the second year content can be linked in with it.
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest