The Student Room Group

Redoing year 12 info

If I were to start year 12 again (not due to academic ability as my current grades I’m getting are very good) would I still be considered as a retake applicant for medicine. I would be switching from an IB school to an Alevel private school. IB don’t do AS equivalents but we have end of year exams that count for nothing. I would be switching because I want another year in education and because I think the school is much better and I would get even better grades there. Thanks :smile:
Original post by baurmannt
If I were to start year 12 again (not due to academic ability as my current grades I’m getting are very good) would I still be considered as a retake applicant for medicine. I would be switching from an IB school to an Alevel private school. IB don’t do AS equivalents but we have end of year exams that count for nothing. I would be switching because I want another year in education and because I think the school is much better and I would get even better grades there. Thanks :smile:

You need to ask the unis. They all have different policies. I think probably not, but you are essentially getting an advantage. Medical schools will give you a straight answer.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You need to ask the unis. They all have different policies. I think probably not, but you are essentially getting an advantage. Medical schools will give you a straight answer.

I have called 5/6 up as a starting point and it after lots of explaining I'm not sure they totally understood my situation but some said I would be on the resit list which would be a disadvantage some said it wouldn't be a disadvantage and some said I wouldn't be on the list at all. Thanks for your reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending